EHS Software Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$123,960 - $166,992 Annually for the SES.2 level
$148,650 - $200,328 Annually for the SES.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have multiple openings for Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Software Developers. You will configure and integrate a leading EHS software package with other Laboratory applications, replacing legacy applications and automating new processes while working with members of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of Environmental, Safety, and Health (ES&H) Directorate process owners, and Information Technology (IT) staff. This position is in the Enterprise Application Service (EAS) Division within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
In this role, you will
- Define, design, and implement an EHS software package in collaboration with project team members, consultants, contractors, users, and business process owners.
- Design and develop moderately complex scripts, workflows, and integrations to create, configure or customize modules in the EHS software package.
- Develop integrations between the EHS software package modules and external business applications.
- Migrate data from legacy systems into the EHS software package.
- Analyze and provide solutions to technical problems escalated from the ES&H IT Service Desk, Process Owners and/or Project efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Manage advanced parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team members’ skills.
- Define business needs from stakeholders to support the configuration of the EHS software package.
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require in-depth analysis.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad experience configuring Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) packages.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with SQL databases, web services, and/or file-loading related technologies.
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and/or supporting integrated computing environments in an enterprise environment.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills for complex problems related to data migration, integration with other applications, or application configuration.
- Proficient interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive team, working with multiple applications and functional areas simultaneously, with time constraints.
Additional qualifications, at the SES.3 level
- Significant experience defining the needs and approach for desktop COTS package implementation.
- Significant experience developing automated ETL routines using web services, file transfers, and/or data layer integrations.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a technical team environment to present, explain and provide advice to management.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with EHS software package configuration.
- Experience writing reports against multiple sources of data using technologies such as Denodo, MicroStrategy, or Java.
- Experience integrating systems with SharePoint or ServiceNow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now