HR Information Analyst
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: H07.2 HR Information Analyst 2 / H07.3 HR Information Analyst 3
Organization: Human Resource Management
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: None, but work must be performed by a U.S. person (e.g., U.S. citizen or permanent resident and certain others). Also, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation.
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$86,910 - $112,584 Annually for the H07.2 level
$104,370 - $135,192 Annually for the H07.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for an HR Information Analyst to support the workforce analytics and data analysis needs of Human Resources and the Laboratory. You will develop sound and professionally defensible analyses and projections by identifying, joining, and analyzing disparate data sets for issues that cross human resource disciplines and require the development of new approaches or techniques. This position is in the HR Operations Service Center – Workforce Analytics & Metrics and Service Support group.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide analysis and analytical support to address a wide variety of problems and solutions where the data is available but may need some clarification.
- Follow established methods and techniques for building and implementing workforce demographic, and other models or studies which require utilization of predictive modeling software and techniques including R and Excel with a goal of obtaining accurate multi-year projections.
- Perform analysis and compile large quantities of data with multiple factors and criteria from various databases/sources; create formal and ad hoc reports.
- Perform monthly audit/reconciliation between HR source system and the HR Business Intelligence system (HRBI), resolving basic to moderately complex issues identified by working with subject matter experts and developers.
- Assist programmers on system set-up of new/revised programs.
- Present analysis and make reporting recommendations to the Workforce Analytics & Metrics (WAM) team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the H07.3 level
- Provide analytic support by analyzing a variety of factors to develop solutions for complex problems and solutions that are multi-faceted in scope requiring research and interpretation.
- Present analysis and make reporting recommendations to management.
- Plan, schedule and manage the implementation, maintenance and administration of new, recurring, and ad hoc processes or programs, including but not limited to, workforce reviews, ad hoc HR reporting, and ad hoc surveys.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or a related computer field or quantitative field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience applying HR practices, regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes, and systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience applying analytical concepts, software, and data analysis tools to analyze issues using data-based evidence.
- Experience with data mining, predictive modeling and projection methodologies, and techniques using predictive modeling software such as R and Excel.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data necessary to develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases containing advanced formulas and functions.
- Experience with decision making and problem solving that requires mature judgment, discretion, and tact to assist in resolving issues and developing solutions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively communicate results and prepare documentation and reports.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
Additional qualifications at the H07.3 level
- Advanced knowledge and experience applying HR practices, regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes, and systems as it pertains to HR reporting, data, and application research.
- Significant experience applying analytical concepts, software, and data analysis tools using PeopleSoft (or similar HRIS system) to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present workforce data and information.
- Significant experience with decision making, problem solving and analytical skills to independently solve complex issues.
- Significant experience and advanced skills in the development of spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions; using SQL, R, and Excel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with data warehouse and/or business intelligence tools.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or MicroStrategy for human resources reporting.
- Experience using SQL, R, and Excel for data analysis.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
None required. However, this position involves U.S. Export Control; this work must be performed by a U.S. person (U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident, U.S. national, or U.S. protected individual (e.g., refugee, asylee)).
If your assignment is longer than 179 days cumulatively within a calendar year, you must go through the Personal Identity Verification process. This process includes completing an online background investigation form and receiving approval of the background check. (This process does not apply to foreign nationals.)
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.