IT Project Manager
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: TSS.2 Technical Services & Ops MTS 2 / TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$113,730 - $153,264 Annually for the TSS.2 level
$136,500 - $183,888 Annually for the TSS.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We're looking for an Information Technology (IT) Project Manager. You will be a member of the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) IT Project Team providing oversight, management and specialized support to IT components of WCI Projects and IT related projects internal to WCI IT. This position is in the Information Technology Information (ITO) Division in the Computing Directorate supporting the WCI Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
- Define, start, manage, and complete various complex projects within time and budget constraints.
- Author requirement documents and work within WCI IT project management framework.
- Independently support and monitor tasks and resources associated with multiple WCI IT competing projects.
- Work with WCI customers early in the project design phase to meet deadlines and avoid delays.
- Coordinate and execute IT related change control activities during defined change windows as project tasks are scheduled.
- Serve as a point of contact and coordination for WCI IT involvement in program related projects and milestones.
- Support and coordinate with WCI IT Management and WCI Programs for full prioritization of projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.3 level
- Serve as a technical project leader, responsible for all aspects of the IT projects including, collaborating with customers in the design of their computing environment and execution of deliverables.
- Identify and implement process and procedure improvement to increase team planning and management efficiency.
- Independently maintain, review, advise, and supervise project resource leveling, schedule critical path, and develop reports and graphs to report on project progress.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Broad experience, understanding, and knowledge of general project management technical skills and experience with project management systems for planning, organizing, performing, reviewing and completing projects.
- Proficient understanding of technical processes and resource management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office and cost, estimating, scheduling, or issue tracking computer applications (e.g., Primavera, MS Project, Jira, ServiceNow).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with multidisciplinary team members.
- Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks, deadlines, and deliverables, including coordination with remote team members to obtain needed information.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.3 level
- Significant experience using one or more of the Microsoft Online tools, including Project online (PWA), MS Teams, Power Automate, Power BI, and Power Apps.
- Significant experience working independently with multi-disciplinary teams managing multiple simultaneous projects in a highly complex environment.
- Significant experience serving as a technical team lead on projects, achieving positive results, and driving projects to closure on time and on budget.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with WCI programs and mission focus areas.
- Project Management Professional certification/license.
- Familiar with Project Management tools and Six Sigma processes.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.