Database and Customer Support Specialist - Active Clearance Required
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: A07.1 Service Operations Spec 1
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$71,370 - $92,424 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Database and Customer Support Specialist for the Weapons and Complex Integrations (WCI) Applications group. You will be responsible for interfacing with WCI Document Management System (DMS) customers and users to train and setup access. You will assist in Quality Control of documents and metadata checked in to the system, metadata generation, content management, and reference assistance. You must demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team, and to maintain a high standard of quality and attention to detail in multiple aspects of your work. The position is within the Weapons and Complex Integration Directorate.
- Apply general knowledge of database and document management methods and practices to inspect metadata for uploaded documents to the WCI Document Management System (DMS), compare with the original documents and correct as needed.
- Inspect and validate uploaded documents for errors and analyze image quality.
- Prepare and add abstracts to metadata where missing.
- Create and maintain virtual collections and upload videos and documents.
- Respond to and resolve day to day problems as customer liaison between DMS development team and customers, make preliminary recommendations regarding improvements and changes.
- Interpret needs and identify solutions to instruct CASs (Classified Administrative Specialists) in how to use DMS.
- Coordinate efforts and resources to train new users in how to use DMS.
- Activate users in both closed and open DMS systems. Deactivate access when no longer required.
- Serve as primary point of contact for customer service for DMS.
- Coordinate the entry of new authors into Name Authority database.
- Serve as a resource in the general placement of classified markings on documents.
- Assist users in filling out DMS request through CAAS (Classified Account Authorization Service)
- Promote and support plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- General knowledge of and experience coordinating database and document management methods and practices.
- Proficient customer service skills and effective written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and have contact with internal and external contacts, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated and flexible in accepting and learning new assignments while exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now