International Assessments Administrative Specialist
Administrative | livermore, CA | 03/16/2023
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance) with Sensitive Compartmented Information access
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$34.63 - $43.70 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist to support key staff members within International Assessments, a mission critical Intelligence Program. You will be an integral part of your team's business operations and activities. We are looking for a well-organized strategic thinker that can handle multiple tasks with excellent prioritizing skills and able to change gears constantly to meet the needs for the team.
Administrative personnel are not only key to LLNL they are highly professional and reliable individuals driven by a common mission: to strengthen the nation’s security through cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering. This position is in Z Program, within the Global Security Principal Directorate.
In this role, you will
- Perform an extensive array of complex and difficult administrative tasks including complex calendar management and database and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Act as a focal point for multiple program areas, assisting key staff members in daily matters to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Arrange complex and dynamic domestic and foreign travel itineraries, process expense reports.
- Arrange internal and external visits and meetings, including coordination of complex security requirements.
- Independently solve problems of broad scope and complexity.
Research and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate security in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) environment and ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with elevated security requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience providing high-quality and professional administrative support to managers or multiple staff members within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience working independently under time constraints to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Excellent organizational skills, with careful attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills, mature judgment, flexibility, and reliability.
- Experience compiling, tracking, monitoring, resolving, and reporting data and results.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience handling and protecting classified information.
- Experience arranging complex clearance requirements in a variety of settings.
- Experience interpreting and applying LLNL policies and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top Secret Clearance.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now