Data Warehouse Developer
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 03/15/2023
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$123,960 - $166,992 Annually for the SES.2 level
$148,650 - $200,328 Annually for the SES.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Data Warehouse Developer. You will be responsible for all phases of the software development lifecycle (analysis, design, and implementation). You will work closely with peer developers and financial business experts to create and optimize complex data loading processes for enterprise reporting across the Laboratory. This position is in the Enterprise Application Services Division within the Computing Directorate, in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either the SES.2 or SES.3 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
Telecommuting options are available for this position.
In this role you will
- Provide application development and maintenance for all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, and implementation.
- Design and maintain complex ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes that load from both data files and other databases.
- Develop and maintain complex PL/SQL functions and procedures.
- Create and optimize complex SQL queries for reports and applications.
- Provide input to project plans that includes estimates of tasks, duties and technologies for future releases and write technical documentation.
- Provide end user support and problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ESH&Q, Security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Participate in cross-organizational activities in collaboration with a diverse user community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.3 Level
- Provide expert level development support of PL/SQL functions, procedures, and database architecture.
- Provide advanced SQL tuning skills to complex queries, ETL’s, and data processing.
- Provide advanced support towards the IT needs for financial and/or budget and planning applications.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Broad experience developing and maintaining custom ETL scripts.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with relational database design, techniques, and development methodologies with the ability to understand the benefits and liabilities of various design patterns and schemas such as Star and Snowflake schemas.
- Broad experience using SQL, PL/SQL, and Oracle 11g or higher.
- Broad experience developing ETL processes within Oracle database environments and non-Oracle environments using SQL Server, MySQL, File Transfer, or similar technologies.
- Proficient interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate as part of a cohesive development team working with multiple customers and organizations simultaneously with time constraints.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively prepare, present and explain technical information to others.
Additional Qualifications at the SES.3 Level
- Significant experience supporting financial and business applications.
- Advanced experience with SQL Tuning and ETL Optimization.
- Significant experience with data virtualization tools such as Denodo.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now