Design Agency Production Liaison - Active Security Clearance Required
Engineering | losalamos, NM | 03/15/2023
Job Code: SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2 / SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$123,960.00 - $166,992.00 Annually for the SES.2 level
$148,650.00 - $200,328.00 Annually for the SES.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Design Agency (DA) Production Liaison to Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). You will advise the Production Agency (PA) on pit design questions, help to disposition non-conforming products, and serve as a conduit between the LLNL DA and LANL PA. In addition, you will coordinate LLNL DA support of engineering evaluations by scheduling the appropriate LLNL subject matter experts, helping LANL ensure that LLNL employees are trained, and facilitating their access to the LANL Plutonium Facility. The highly constrained production schedule necessitates having a LLNL employee onsite to facilitate rapid issue resolution and communication between the laboratories. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate. DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Programs.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Advise the LANL PA on pit design questions.
- Work with members of the LANL PA to disposition non-conforming products.
- Generate Engineering Authorizations related to product acceptance.
- Represent the LLNL DA on Failure Modes and Effect Analysis teams.
- Assist with Engineering Evaluations performed on LANL manufacturing processes. Participate in engineering testing operations, analyze results, and write reports.
- Be a conduit back to LLNL to rapidly communicate and resolve manufacturing issues.
- Interface with other organizations internal and external to the Laboratory to complete various projects.
- Work independently as well as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.3 level
- Provide engineering knowledge to resolve technical and programmatic issues.
- Perform independent technical tasks to provide solutions for a diverse range of moderate to complex issues.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical science, engineering, or other relevant discipline or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience working at or with DoD, NNSA, or other U.S. Government agencies.
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting technical drawings and product design definitions.
- Ability to produce written and other products often on extremely short timelines.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to lead.
- Proficiency in NAP 401.1, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), and ASTM/ISO (American Society for Testing and Materials/International Organizations for Standardization standards.
- Familiarity with Defense Programs Business Process Systems (DPBPS).
- Experience working with other DoD and DOE/NNSA Laboratories.
- Ability to travel up to 50% time between Los Alamos, NM and Livermore, CA, or other DOE complex sites as needed.
Additional qualifications at the SES.3 level
- Master's degree in Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Product Realization Process.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience using Windchill and generating Engineering Authorizations.
- Ability to interpret specifications and mechanical drawings including (GD&T).
- Knowledge of nuclear facility operations.
- Experience working in an environment with stringent safety and security policies.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.