Business Analyst Group Leader
Administrative | livermore, CA | 03/14/2023
Job Code: E01.4 Business Analyst 4 / E01.5 Business Analyst 5
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$125,160 - $162,120 Annually for the E01.4 level
$150,240 - $194,592 Annually for the E01.5 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Business Analyst Group Leader (GL) in the Weapon modernization programs. You will provide line management leadership and oversight to your group, who provide business and technical strategies in support of the W80-4 Life Extension program and W87-1 Modification program You will interface between the MOD and LEP management teams and your group. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) supporting the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide leadership to an interdisciplinary group, gain inputs from the programs in understanding staffing needs, and support the career development of your group to develop an agile, motivated, and well-trained workforce ensuring the highest-quality personnel are recruited and retained.
- Provide discipline expertise in developing, planning, and executing strategies for implementing work, including developing processes that cross several functions, significant events, project management, and develop end-to-end process maps.
- Remain cognizant of the technical goals, programmatic priorities, group workload balances, and progress of group projects. Support engagements with programmatic leadership as needed to ensure group workloads executable.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring business analyst workforce as needed and in collaboration with the engineering leadership to meet the evolving needs of the W80-4 and W87-1.
- Actively participate in workforce planning, mentoring, coaching for career planning, development, growth and training.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of organizational policies, procedures, and processes.
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity in determining long-term strategies and tactical plans that address process improvement initiative that typically impact the organization and involve significant integration among several functional areas.
- Recognize, create, and implement plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the group and division.
- Prepare and conduct performance management activities for group personnel and contribute to the DTED ranking and salary management processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E01.5 level
- Partner with the program(s) to strategically understand their staffing needs and deliver both new and experienced staff to support them.
- Identify and execute goals as an active participant in the line management teams of the W80-4 and W87-1.
- Provide strategic guidance and tactical plans for the implementation of improvement initiatives, requiring coordination with senior management and external entities.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience and expert knowledge of managing multiple, integrated projects and leading business transformation activities using project management methodologies, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Basic knowledge of personnel policy and procedures and ability to apply this knowledge and understanding in staffing, career development and recruitment/retention.
- Experience in decision making and the leadership skills necessary to work independently on own initiative, to work effectively in a team environment, as a member of a project team with engineers and scientists, and to oversee the work of others.
- Commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment.
- Expert communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively explain, present, negotiate, advise, and influence all levels of management.
Additional qualifications at the E01.5 level
- Broad and extensive specialized and operational knowledge and experience and innovation and creativity in determining strategies and tactical plans that address process improvement initiatives across several functional areas.
- Extensive experience guiding and providing strategic direction for projects to a diverse group of technical staff, using expert level communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to effectively present, explain, influence, and advise senior management and/or external sponsors.
- Experience as a working supervisor, setting technical and business direction and requirements for others.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.