Administrative Specialist for Global Material Security - Active Security Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 03/14/2023
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE L or Q clearance (or active Secret or Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$34.63 - $43.70 Hourly
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist to perform a full range of moderately difficult administrative and task-oriented assignments under limited supervision in a dynamic and fast paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities. You will have an opportunity to play a vital role in supporting scientists and engineers who conduct essential work that ensures our continued success in reducing nuclear threats around the world. This position is in the Global Material Security area of the Nuclear Threat Reduction (N) Program within the Global Security Principal Associate Directorate. Teleworking is supported up to 50% time.
In this role you will
- Coordinate on-site and off-site meetings, to encompass all necessary administrative logistics including verification of security clearances, preparation of agendas, arranging site access, booking tours, information dissemination, and arranging hospitality.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Arrange complex domestic and foreign travel and itineraries, coordinating and rescheduling as priorities evolve and change, process reimbursements.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature which may be sensitive in nature.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Represent Program management in daily matters to gather, clarify, coordinate, and disseminate information and activities, which will require working closely with internal and external customers and serve as a resource on organizational policies and procedures; interpret institutional and organizational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring action items are completed by the required due date, and proactively follow-up on any outstanding items.
- Manage complex calendars which includes independently determining scheduling priorities to ensure management presence for continued Program operations, arrange complex travel and itineraries and initiate or oversee various monthly reports; analyze results and report to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance at the time of hire.
- Ability to be onsite as business needs depict.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under limited supervision, in an environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and advanced decision-making skills necessary to identify and make recommendations for administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as, personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, Confluence, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) L-level or Q-level clearance or an active Secret or Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now