Human Resources Project Manager
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 03/14/2023
Job Code: E05.3 Project Management 3 / E05.4 Project Management 4
Organization: Human Resource Management
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$104,370.00 - $135,192.00 Annually for the E05.3 level
$125,160.00 - $162,120.00 Annually for the E05.4 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have openings for HR Project Managers. Working with cross-functional teams and subject matter experts, you will lead projects of all sizes for HR systems, functions, and operational/process improvements. These positions are in the Human Resources (HR) Directorate and will work closely with the leadership team and across functions to develop and implement strategies that will improve human resources business practices.
Telecommuting options are available for these positions.
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Research and plan proposed and approved projects; identify scope, scale and resources required.
- Manage small, medium, and large-scale projects that may have institutional impact in support of the current and evolving business needs of HR.
- Identify budget and workforce needs and prepare funding requests.
- Create and manage strategic project schedules and budgets.
- Plan and estimate staff required for projects, as well as other resources.
- Assign and direct work of business analysts, functional team members, and technical analysts as applicable.
- Lead lean project teams and fill in gaps as needed i.e., requirements identification and documentation.
- Analyze and evaluate administrative operations and develop recommendations for implementation of new systems and/or procedures; document workflows and conduct gap analysis.
- Utilize established project management practices, processes, and tools; provide input to new practices.
- Plan for project risk and performs risk management with management and customers/clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E05.4 level
- Direct institutional scale projects; work under consultative direction toward strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage a project portfolio management (PPM) system with other HR project managers; identify and implement process improvements.
- Establish and drive project management methodologies; mentor others on how to apply these methodologies.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of project management principles, concepts, practices, standards, processes and systems.
- Experience leading small, medium, and large-scale or institutional projects demonstrating project management, business analysis and business process improvement skills.
- Experience conducting business analysis and facilitating teams through various project stages (e.g., initiation, requirements sessions, design reviews).
- Experience building effective multi-disciplinary, multi-directorate teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Experience successfully communicating strategic large-scale project scope, objectives, benefits, risks, etc. to management.
- Experience negotiating, motivating, persuading and delegating to achieve project objectives.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills; effective interpersonal skills.
Additional qualifications at the E05.4 level
- Expert knowledge of project management and comprehensive knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Experience leveraging relationships to accomplish institution-wide goals and utilizing comprehensive knowledge of project management techniques to accomplish high visibility, institution-wide projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate strategic institutional level project scope, objectives, benefits, and risks to senior management.
Qualifications We Desire
- Professional project management (PMP) certification.
- Trained in process improvement methodology.
- Knowledge of and experience with Agile project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge of HRMS applications.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) L-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. L-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.