Business Analyst for Surveillance, Fabrication and Off-Site Operations/Pit Surveillance Program, Quality Assurance - Active Security Clearance Required
Engineering | livermore, CA | 03/14/2023
Job Code: E01.2 Business Analyst 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$86,910 - $112,584 Annually for the E01.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Business Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for administration of Document Control Systems (DCS), coordination of document development and lifecycle management processes, and supporting the implementation of quality assurance implementing procedures (NAP 401.1) and institutional document control procedures. You will monitor the adherence to Procedure Professionals Association (PPA) procedure writing, record retention policies, safeguard information, and ensure completeness and accuracy of programmatic and quality assurance records as well as effective tracking, archival and retrieval of documentation and data. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED) supporting Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
In this role you will
- Provide support of unclassified and classified quality assurance and program-specific technical documents.
- Apply related skills, policies, and procedures to develop and implement program document control strategies to solve multi-faceted problems, implement new techniques and procedures, and formulate recommendations. This includes collaborating and interacting with all levels of department personnel to assess, develop, promote, and maintain electronic department retention processes.
- Assess requirements and make recommendations to develop and implement new content management tools, including document routing workflows, forms, and process improvements.
- Compile and analyze departmental metrics related to document control; logging, tracking review cycles and current status of documents under development.
- Perform editing and formatting services for program reports, quality implementing and operating procedures, webpages, presentations, data forms and other programmatic documentation. Ensure clarity of content, consistency of format and accuracy of grammar.
- Serve as administrator for the SFO and PSP Windchill, Enterprise Lifecycle Management (Unclassified and Classified) configuration management system Product Folders, manage system access, consult and provide training to end users, promote effective utilization, and maintain and oversee filing of electronic documents.
- Serve as administrator for database entry and access management of Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE) data, records, and controlled documents in the METRO (Metrology Equipment Tracking by Responsible Organization) database.
- Manage document creation and revision lifecycle, including tracking and initiating periodic reviews, executing revisions, and publishing/releasing documents. This includes compiling and verifying record packages for accuracy and completion, obtaining approvals and uploading to ELM-U/-C for records management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Associate degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience applying best practices in support Document Control Systems, including development of document routing workflows, life cycle management and archival processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft cloud-based software (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive), Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and one or more Electronic Document Management Systems, and/or in the use of related computer applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of classified document control, email, and computing procedures.
- Experience interfacing with multi-level personnel and communicating technical information to users.
- Understanding of standards, procedures, and techniques related to quality assurance documentation.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as a team; recommending and communicating process improvements, including problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- Experience with multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment under time constraints with general task definition and changing priorities.
Qualifications We Desire
- Proficiency working in Windchill Enterprise Lifecycle Management-Unclassified/Classified (ELM-U/-C) environment for creating records, uploading, review, approval, requests for revision, and release in ELM-U/-C.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicability of NNSA Weapons Quality Policy, NAP 401.1, NNSA, DPBS requirements documents, etc.
- Experience with database entry and management of Measuring and Test Equipment (M&TE) data records, and controlled documents.
- Experience with PPA formatting, review, and editing; PPA Certification.
- Experience with management of webpage design and content (Confluence).
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.