Deployed Security Officer â Nevada
Security | mercury, NV | 03/14/2023
Job Code: J01.2 Business Unit Security Spec 2
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
$86,910 - $112,584 Annually
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Deployed Security Officer at the Joint Laboratory Office Nevada (JLON). You will work at the Nevada facilities to provide security support to programmatic operations. You will support Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) operations occurring at the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS). You are expected to live in Nevada and travel to Livermore, CA (20-25% travel) for training and team integration. You will interface with customers both internal and external to the Laboratory, to include Department of Energy (DOE), and Headquarters (HQ) and Site Offices. In addition, you will collaborate with the Weapons Complex Integration Directorate Security Office to prepare and participate in all JLON security-based assessments. This position is within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
- Work closely with the Security Incident Response Team to perform incident response and mitigation.
- Conduct on-site security walk-downs and implement corrective actions when needed.
- Brief organizations and management on the security posture within their organizations.
- Create and deliver presentations/awareness pieces to provide information and instruction on a variety of security job-related functions.
- Lead small teams focused on security related projects and activities.
- Participate in self-assessments.
- Promote security awareness and incident prevention.
- Contribute to Security Plans and security implementation plans.
- Act as a WCI Point of Contact for security-related audits and assessments.
- The ability to travel to or from Las Vegas, Pahrump, or other offsite location daily.
- Support plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in a security or business-related field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the major security areas – classified matter protection and control, information security, physical security, computer security, and personnel security.
- Experience and skill in the preparation and presentation of security and safeguards reports to internal organizations.
- Knowledge of the Department of Energy (DOE) security and safeguards policies, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability in writing procedures, policies, guides, or other formal documents.
- Experience working in a demanding environment, with short and changing deadlines, numerous interruptions, and with the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and organize.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to lead others and handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Demonstrated ability/commitment to valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles in the workplace.
- Experience with self-assessments and participating in security-related audits.
- Familiarity with LLNL policies, procedures, and practices.
- Previous experience working effectively in a classified environment.
- Experience working in a scientific or technical program.
- Knowledge of WCI policies and procedures.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now