Active Directory Administrator
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 03/14/2023
Job Code: 393.1 Systems & Network Associate / 393.2 Systems & Network Sr Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$104,220.00 - $134,976.00 Annually for the 393.1 level
$126,120.00 - $163,344.00 Annually for the 393.2 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Active Directory Administrator. You will design, implement, and support enterprise-wide Active Directory and supporting systems. This position is in the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) within the Computing Directorate, in support of the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
- Work with other engineers and administrators operating and maintaining critical enterprise services.
- You will interface directly with end users and work with the engineering team in the performance of root cause analysis of reported problems.
- Design, implement and support Microsoft Active Directory environments.
- Recommend, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology.
- Design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner while collaborating within a diverse group.
- Design, implement, deploy, and maintain hardware server systems to support enterprise applications.
- Ensure service level agreements are met and highest levels of service reliability are maintained.
- Drive scripting and automation to develop solutions to common problems and reduce operational overhead.
- Support critical systems off-hours as needed and part of a regular 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 393.2 level
- Manage multiple complex parallel tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member skills.
- Leverage tools and develop procedures to improve windows configuration management services and automate various complex tasks.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience operating and supporting Microsoft Active Directory in an enterprise setting.
- Broad and in-depth experience administering Windows server environments including deployment, patching, monitoring, backup or repairing.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, technical team environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines and high pressure associated with operating a critical, complex system.
- Experience using PowerShell to administer Microsoft systems and services.
- Proficient written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of management and staff as well as outside vendors, contractors, service providers and consultants.
- Ability to work off-hours and on-call and to respond to service alerts from various monitoring systems (intermittently, either as-needed or as part of a rotation).
Additional qualifications at the 393.2 level
- Substantial experience architecting and administering highly redundant and fault tolerant enterprise Windows server environments including deployment, patching, monitoring, backup and repairing.
- Substantial knowledge and experience with PowerShell or similar automation platform to administer Microsoft systems and services.
- Highly advanced ability to provide innovative approaches and apply new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
Qualifications We Desire
- Broad experience with monitoring platforms such as SCOM or Splunk.
- Significant experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.