Stockpile Surveillance Business Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 03/14/2023
Job Code: E01.2 Business Analyst 2 / E01.3 Business Analyst 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is important for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
$86,910 - $112,584 Annually for the E01.2 level
$104,370 - $135,192 Annually for the E01.3 level
Please note that the pay range information is a general guideline only. Many factors are taken into consideration when setting starting pay including education, experience, the external labor market, and internal equity.
We have an opening for a Stockpile Surveillance Business Analyst to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will facilitate the effective planning, organization, reporting, and data management of surveillance evaluations of the nuclear weapons stockpile. You will also support LLNL design agency stockpile surveillance processes at-large, developing, maintaining, tracking, and supporting improvements to related business processes and operations. You will collaborate with cross-functional staff toward effectively executing programmatic objectives, and regularly report to management on status as well as any recommendations. This position is in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate and supports the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Maintain surveillance planning and monitoring databases in support of LLNL design agency (DA) and production agency (PA) roles.
- Serve as an ongoing interface with counterparts at PAs across the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) surveillance engineers, project engineers, and program managers.
- Serve as central point of contact in the WTE Surveillance Team for management and organization of technical data.
- Support Configuration Management (CM) of cumulative surveillance data using standardized processes.
- Support WTE Surveillance Team in executing internal organizational processes related to documentation of completion and evaluation of surveillance activities.
- Participate in software testing for new capabilities across the NSE by providing feedback on bugs, enhancements, access issues, and usability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the E01.3 level
- Analyze LLNL's ongoing stockpile surveillance end-to-end process map and identify prioritized areas for improvements.
- Lead complex projects by developing new and improving existing, stockpile surveillance tools and processes.
- Develop programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment given general task definition and respond to changing priorities as required.
- Knowledge of and experience developing business process documentation and training materials.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to analyze business processes and identify, develop, and implement improvements.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to collaborate with multidisciplinary internal and external staff, including various levels of leadership.
- Effective interpersonal skills to collaborate and provide feedback and influence toward positive outcomes.
- Ability to travel (up to 10%).
Additional qualifications at the E01.3 level
- Experience leading complex analyses and designs of business processes.
- Experience taking initiative to lead and develop innovative improvements to business processes.
- Project management skills including working with schedules, cost estimates, and cross-functional teams.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's degree in business or related field.
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons complex and with LLNL's operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA's Defense Programs Business Process Systems, NAP-401.1, and LLNL quality assurance procedures.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position, open to Lab employees and external candidates.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity
- Our core beliefs - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/our-values
- Employee engagement - visit https://www.llnl.gov/diversity/employee-engagement
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Also, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position must pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
We invite you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please use our online form to submit a request.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.