Refine Search Clear All
Executive Assistant for WPD Director (Active Clearance Required)
Administrative | livermore, CA | 05/17/2022
Job Code: A03.2 Executive Assistant 2
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Executive Assistant to provide executive administrative support to the Weapon Physics and Design Program (WPD) Director. You will perform a full range of advanced, diverse, and complex executive assistant services, using broad knowledge of the full cadre of programmatic and operational areas of the Laboratory. Building strong rapport with the highest levels of LLNL management, as well as senior managers at external constituencies, such as the NNSA/DOE Laboratory Field Office and Headquarters, other laboratories in the DOE complex, Department of Defense (DoD), Congressional, academia, local community, and private industry is essential. The environment is fast paced, with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities often involving extremely sensitive and/or classified information. This position is in the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
- Represent the Program Director (PD) in daily administrative matters, clarifying, coordinating, communicating, and disseminating information on behalf of the PD, and serve as central administrative point-of-contact for the WPD Program Office; interact with all levels, both internal and external personnel, to achieve goals.
- Organize, prioritize, and coordinate the PD’s complex calendar with authority to commit time; coordinate scheduling of intricate meetings both on-site and off-site, and lead planning and completion of administrative arrangements for high level meetings and special events.
- Research, analyze, prepare, and assemble information and data from multiple and diverse sources; coordinate findings and other information with senior-level individuals, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Review documents submitted for PD signature for completeness and accuracy, as well as compose correspondence for management and own signature including sensitive personnel information, reports, agendas, and memoranda.
- Arrange/coordinate foreign and domestic travel for the PD and staff, which may include special and extensive requirements.
- Review and answer mail and inquiries on own initiative and determine if executive action is required. Refer matters to appropriate parties for action and follow up to ensure proper and timely disposition.
- Screen calls and visitors, respond to questions, resolve administrative issues, and assist and back up other administrative personnel in the WPD Program Office.
- Provide input to administrative practices and procedures to increase effectiveness.
- Develop and implement plans to promote culture, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Advanced executive assistant skills and experience including fast, accurate keyboarding and excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills; demonstrated expert level ability using personal computers and associated software; demonstrated expertise in preparing presentations using PowerPoint or similar software; experience using Excel.
- Advanced knowledge and experience effectively utilizing judgment and discretion when handling sensitive issues as well as sensitive and classified documents.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, and ability to work under time constraints to meet short deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact and represent the Program Office with all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion and experience effectively interacting with a wide spectrum of personnel in government, academia, or the private sector.
- Excellent writing skills for developing formal correspondence, agendas, reports and procedures with accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, under frequently changing priorities.
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to diversity and fostering an inclusive and equitable organization.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in a scientific or technical program.
- Experience working in a classified environment.
- Broad, institutional knowledge of the Laboratory and its programs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now