Refine Search Clear All
Electric Shop Supervisor
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 05/16/2022
Job Code: 565.5 Craft Supervisor
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
Republished posting. Originally posted on 12/22/2022. Previous candidates need not reapply.
We have an opening for an Electric Shop Supervisor who will be assigned to the Infrastructure Maintenance and Utilities Department (IMUD) in the Infrastructure & Operations Directorate (I&O). This position is responsible for providing technical, administrative, and supervisory responsibility for managing and coordinating the work of electricians in the Laboratory’s Site 200 and Site 300 Maintenance Production Electrical Systems Group.
Note: Reposted position. Originally posted on December 20, 2021. Previous candidates need not reapply.
In this role you will
- Supervise and coordinate the daily work of electrician crews engaged in the installation, repair, and maintenance of plant low voltage electrical facilities.
- Interpret and apply Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) policies and procedures pertaining to Performance Management including but not limited to; constructive and timely feedback to employees, training and personnel actions including hiring, discipline, documentation, and interviews.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines, building and programmatic personnel; schedule work assignments from job orders, work requests, blueprints, and specifications; solve problems and make decisions effectively.
- Perform work in accordance with plans and specifications ensuring work is performed safely and in compliance with Federal, State, and LLNL Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) requirements and policies.
- Establish goals and measurements for productivity improvements in craft work processes and make appropriate adjustments.
- Analyze data and prepare and present standard and supervisory reports.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, management, and other shops at Livermore Site 200 and Site 300.
- Perform essential computer skills to communicate with administrative and management personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Extensive journey-level work experience and abilities with low-voltage systems and equipment, including experience with construction, test equipment, tools, and maintenance.
- Technical, administrative, and supervisory skills and experience including independent decision making, workload scheduling, labor utilization, implementation of policies and procedures, execution of disciplinary action, and completion of performance appraisals.
- Experience with practical assessment of electrical worker’s skill of the craft and safe work procedure qualifications, and advanced knowledge of relevant and applicable federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to provide effective direction and adjust work activities to meet changing requirements as well as motivate, train, develop and provide guidance with an emphasis on teamwork.
- Extensive advanced and specialized skills in the application of ES&H laws and regulations, administrative, supervisory, equipment and tools training.
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills to facilitate collaborative interaction between electricians, engineers, and customers.
- Proficiency using personal computers and software, including the ability to interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical, administrative and management personnel.
- Ability to work scheduled and emergency overtime work, including off-hours on-call rotation, and be able to work all shifts and in all buildings and areas of the Laboratory, including Site 300.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver’s License.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of the function and operation of typical security policies and procedures for nuclear, sensitive, or limited-access facilities.
- Experience with maintenance and reliability standards and concepts such as root cause analysis, reliability centered maintenance, continuous improvement, NFPA 70B and ANSI/NETA testing specifications.
- Proven success in driving a workplace enhancement initiative such as: equipment modernization, operational excellence, worker engagement, preventive maintenance management system rollout, safety culture improvement, or similar program.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.