Refine Search Clear All
Accounting Assistant / Expeditor
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 05/02/2022
Job Code: 451.4 Pr. Accounting Assistant
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Accounting Assistant to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Under minimal supervision you will perform advanced and complex accounting and travel accounting tasks, solve problems of a broad scope and complexity, and develop and implement new techniques and procedures. This position is in the Disbursement Accounting & Services/Accounts Payable & Travel Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will:
- Perform advanced accounts payable vendor invoice processing through the Oracle Payable system. Interpret and apply exceptional and complex procedures within the Accounts Payable system and provide guidance regarding travel and payables, accounting policies and procedures and problem resolution assistance to LLNL organizations.
- Independently research and reconcile payment issues with contract balances and review and process credit memos, de-obligating liens, cancel checks and invoices and work reports to ensure timely payment and processing of wire requests.
- Scan and index documents using AnyDoc for all vendor invoices and records retention and research rejected Automated Clearing House (ACH) bank payments and resolutions.
- Independently respond to Accounts Payable and Travel Accounting Customer Service calls and assist Resource Analysts and other LLNL customers in resolving vendor and travel payment inquiries.
- Approve and reconcile reimbursements in the ePay Travel Reimbursement system, within LLNL Travel Policy and approve third party payment requests for training and conferences.
- Reconcile Travel and Accounts Payable balance sheet accounts for management approval, including preparation of journal vouchers and project cost transfers.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of accounting theory, policies, procedures, and regulations, as well as knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience using Oracle or other financial applications and advanced knowledge and experience with computer-based spreadsheets, report generated applications and communication tools (e.g., Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Front Range).
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions, while providing a high level of customer service and demonstrated advanced problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently solve problems of broad scope and complexity.
- Experience reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing complex journal entries and financial reports.
- Experience interpreting and applying financial policy and procedures, including State and Federal policies, procedures and regulations and experience in applying and ensuring internal controls are followed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to perform as a team member while maintaining a heavy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical deadlines and work effectively under time constraints.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory including experience providing a high level of customer service while maintaining effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, external vendors, and Laboratory service units.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.