Refine Search Clear All
Health Services | livermore, CA | 04/12/2022
Job Code: 549.1 Ergonomic Technician
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Ergonomic Specialist. You will provide field support services and apply complex ergonomic concepts in a variety of work environments to support employees in office and non-office settings to mitigate ergonomic risk factors and prevent injuries. This position is in the Environment Safety and Health Directorate.
In this role you will
- Independently perform basic ergonomic assessments for office, home office, and non-office environments.
- Identify and recommend controls for protecting workers from ergonomic risk factors including recommendations for equipment or furniture changes as indicated.
- Acquire and analyze basic anthropometrics and movements to support causal analysis efforts and offer information, education, training, and recommendations.
- May contribute and or participate in health and wellness programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development and delivery of presentations, trainings, educational handouts within ergonomic program and institutionally.
- Periodically conduct routine preventative ergonomic assessments for employees (new hires, office moves, and triennial activities) to identify possible improvements and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with ES&H professionals, various programmatic stakeholders, Ergonomics Program Manager, and Physical/Occupational Therapists to identify ergonomic risk factors contributing to work related injuries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate degree in an ES&H discipline, health field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience providing individual and work group ergonomic consultation and intervention.
- Experience performing ergonomic assessments for office and home office settings.
- Knowledge of job analysis as it relates to ergonomics.
- Ability to integrate interventions to quantify and reduce exposures to ergonomic risks.
- Experience speaking to small and large groups effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively collaborate in a team environment, present, and communicate technical information to all levels of personnel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Bachelor’s degree in an ES&H discipline or health related field.
- Technical excellence in ergonomics safety as demonstrated by the credential of Certified Ergonomics Associate (CEA) or Certified Assistant Ergonomist (CAsE) or equivalent certifying organization.
- Knowledge of and experience with LLNL policies and procedures
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance. If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.