Refine Search Clear All
Analytic Production Specialist
Physical Life Sciences | livermore, CA | 11/23/2021
Job Code: TSS.1 Technical Services & Ops MTS 1
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Analytic Production/Dissemination Specialist to support the Analytic Tradecraft & Production Group within Z Program in the Global Security Principal Directorate. In this role, you will submit and manage the release/downgrade process for raw intelligence, research and track approved distribution of LLNL produced product, aid in the continued development of an interactive contact database, assist in preparing and formatting finished products for final distribution, and interact with group and project team members, DOE-IN personnel, and contacts throughout the Intelligence Community (IC). This position will report to the Analytic Tradecraft & Production Group Manager.
In this role, you will
- Represent the Analytic Tradecraft & Production Group as the primary liaison for reviewing, preparing, and requesting release of raw intelligence and other information produced by other IC agencies as required by LLNL Field Intelligence Element (FIE) analysts. Prepare release request submissions and track progress to include approvals, denials, and modifications.
- Coordinate intelligence release requirements with IC sponsors; process document requests from IC agencies; develop and manage processes for obtaining release of intelligence information to recipients of intelligence products.
- Review original dissemination of raw intelligence; prepare representative spreadsheets to document the overall approved distribution of Z Program finished products; inform team members on dissemination approval.
- Act as a resource and liaison in the publication and dissemination of LLNL intelligence products and for downgrade requests of raw intelligence and other information required for publications and presentations, ensuring overall compliance with IC directives; update sourcing and referencing for outgoing products.
- Assist in preparing of LLNL intelligence products including, reference formatting to meet ICD 206 requirements and product layout assistance to support timely delivery of finished products.
- Update and maintain the Contact Information System (CIS) database which contains data for over 8,000 customers and analysts from across the IC.
- Assist in the dissemination of finished intelligence products to external customers and sponsors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to conduct research in multiple open source and classified databases.
- Experience in or the ability to learn the tradecraft of assembling and exploiting information from intelligence and other products.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Flexibility in dealing with people and dynamic situations that demonstrate creativity, imagination, and an ability to anticipate the needs of the intelligence and policy communities.
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines, coordinate workload on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Experience working across organizational work units, with demonstrated effective teamwork, and customer service skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience in project management.
Additional qualifications we desire
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Knowledge of key national security issues related to foreign WMD relationships between threats and U.S. policy objectives.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to re-investigation of your existing Q or Top Secret clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now