Refine Search Clear All
Financial Analyst Team Lead
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 11/23/2021
Job Code: C01.5 Financial Analyst 5
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Financial Analyst Team Leader position to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment You will be responsible for directing the organization’s efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans. You will independently perform budgetary analyses and resource management duties, provide advice on complex financial and business issues, and have responsibility for direct and indirect budgets. You will have supervisory responsibilities. This position leads the RA team in the Nuclear Threat Reduction Program (N Program) of the Global Security Principal Directorate.
In this role you will:
- Direct the organization's efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans.
- Gather and analyze diverse and highly complex information on funding, costing and workforce issues; review work proposals and research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Serve as a point-of-contact performing self-assessments and preparing organizational responses to findings.
- Direct and participate in highly complex analysis, modeling various scenarios to support organizational and/or institutional decision making.
- Formulate, communicate, and implement decisions within scope of designated authority and provide extensive and highly complex financial and business process consultation and improvement expertise within the department and directorate.
- Design and develop operational metrics and implement policies, procedures and processes with department, directorate, and institutional impact in response to Laboratory, Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)/Lawrence Livermore National Security (LLNS) and other federal financial laws, orders, and guidelines, serving as an expert regarding the interpretation and application of financial standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership to financial staff and lead special projects requiring development of unique solutions: set direction for a work group, oversee the execution of tasks, and assure appropriately completed staff work. Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and programmatic and financial managers throughout the Laboratory, LLNS, NNSA, Laboratory Site Office (LSO), and Department of Energy Headquarters (DOE HQ).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of and expertise performing and directing financial functions including diverse funding sources, developing, interpreting, and applying financial policies and procedures, financial accounting (including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and maintenance of highly complex financial spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions; experience in utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools and in the MS Office suite.
- Extensive experience applying expert analytical skills to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present highly complex financial data and information.
- Extensive experience with advanced decision making, communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve highly complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion, and tact; experience negotiating desirable outcomes.
- Demonstrated expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade, and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relations with all levels of personnel.
- Experience effectively providing work direction to others and leading others to achieve a common goal or objective.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills to work independently and as part of a team effectively; establish priorities and execute highly complex business and financial assignments, meet critical time-urgent deadlines.
- Experience leading a financial team including previous experience hiring, assignment of work, training and oversight of work quality/deliverables, performance management which includes performance appraisals, ranking, coaching, counseling, and assistance in career development.
- Subject matter expert / Institutional resource in the development and use of highly complex financial tools/spreadsheets and understanding of the Laboratory's financial systems (eAWP, FDP, and FDP).
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting, or Business Administration or a related field plus extensive experience or the equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Experience with LLNL financial/accounting.
- Experience with LLNL, DOE/NNSA, and UC policies and procedures.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now