Refine Search Clear All
Executive Assistant to the WCI Chief of Staff - Active Security Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 11/22/2021
Job Code: A03.2 Executive Assistant 2 / A03.3 Executive Assistant 3
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
The Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate has an opening for an Executive Assistant to provide executive level administrative support to the Chief of Staff. You will perform a full range of advanced, diverse, and complex executive assistant services in a highly visible environment. You will serve as a point of contact both internally and externally, often representing the Chief of Staff, and will interface with senior level internal personnel and external contacts, including dignitaries, to gather, exchange and disseminate information. This position is in the Weapons Complex Integration (WCI) Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the A03.2 or A03.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Represent the Chief of Staff; independently set priorities when committing the manager’s time; organize and coordinate complex and often confidential calendars.
- Clarify, coordinate, communicate, and disseminate information on behalf of the Chief of Staff and other senior managers; often independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Compile, coordinate, proof, format, edit, and finalize a variety of documents and email messages, most of which contain sensitive or privileged information, including correspondence, itineraries, reports, presentations, complex forms, and talking papers for management.
- Conduct preliminary research, make requests for information, compile and coordinate internal and external information on a variety of business, operational and administrative topics.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of internal/external meetings; develop agendas and identify and contact meeting attendees; provide information for meetings or visits; commit funds for accommodations and meeting locations.
- Arrange complex domestic and international travel and independently make adjustments to complex itineraries.
- Initiate and compose original and sensitive correspondence, memoranda, reports and agendas on behalf of the Chief of Staff and other senior managers.
- Manage complex and often confidential files; determine retention/destruction status of documents using Laboratory guidelines.
- Provide backup support to the Sr. Managers in the PADO and serve as member of the administrative team in PADO.
- Prepare senior manager with relevant materials (to include background and talking points) in advance of stakeholder engagements.
- Communicates with external contacts that carry high consequence of error.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional requirements at the A03.3 Level:
- Independently clarify, coordinate, communicate, and disseminate information on behalf of the Chief of Staff and other senior managers; independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues.
- Conduct research and make requests for information, compile and coordinate internal and external information on a variety of business, operational and administrative topics.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Advanced experience providing executive assistant support to senior management/executives; experience representing senior management/executives to diverse internal and external contacts.
- Advanced executive assistant skills and experience including fast, accurate keyboarding and excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills; expert level skills and experience with personal computers and associated software.
- Experience coordinating and leading administrative projects; demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills necessary to independently identify and recommend appropriate actions and solutions to administrative issues.
- Advanced knowledge of business, operations and organization of area supported; knowledge of and external organizations related to area supported.
- Advanced organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced environment, with short deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication skills to effectively interact and represent the Chief of Staff with all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Knowledge of appropriate handling of sensitive and/or classified documents and protection; experience working effectively with sensitive issues and exercising judgment and discretion.
Additional qualifications at the A03.3 Level:
- Broad experience and knowledge of business, operations, and organization of area supported; knowledge of external organizations related to area supported. Significant knowledge of Laboratory mission, business and operations. Use knowledge for resolution of a variety of topics.
- Significant experience working closely with and representing senior management/executives to diverse internal and external contacts, communicating senior manager’s direction to various recipients.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and discretion, knowledge of appropriate handling of sensitive and classified documents.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now