Refine Search Clear All
Analytic Effectiveness Lead
Physical Life Sciences | livermore, CA | 11/17/2021
Job Code: TSS.2 Technical Services & Ops MTS 2 / TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Analytic Effectiveness Lead in the Analytic Tradecraft & Production Group within Z Program in the Global Security Principal Directorate. In this role, you will contribute to enhancing the overall quality of Z Program intelligence products by proactively researching, promoting, training, participating in production review processes, and facilitating access to focused tools and databases that enable analysts to be more effective. You will (a) ensure access to and efficient use of existing database tools; (b) evaluate other databases and tools across the Intelligence Community (IC) for utility, access, and applicability; (c) develop and provide training and support on those selected; and (d) aid in the development and evaluation of new tools and training.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role, you will
- Research, identify, and evaluate online tools, applications, and databases that expand analytic effectiveness and best support the LLNL intelligence mission.
- Proactively coordinate complex implementations/installation options and selected solutions with Information Technology (IT) security staff and DOE management.
- Provide essential support to ensure access/usage of various tools and databases which includes, conducting beta testing of selected tools/databases, aiding Field Intelligence Element (FIE) members to establish and maintain accesses to these tools, monitoring usage to gauge effectiveness and applicability, and providing individual support to FIE members.
- Develop tools/products to train and provide support to personnel in order to expand analytic effectiveness.
- Facilitate and provide training on structured analytic techniques (SATs); conduct focused SAT sessions to aid opportunity analysis and analysis of alternatives.
- Participate in the drafting and publication process to understand programmatic needs and help focus tool integration, SAT facilitation, and purpose across the full range of LLNL analytic products.
- Assist in adhering to established classified marking and referencing standards; maintain appropriate security in a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the TSS.3 Level
- Represent the Analytic Tradecraft & Production Group Manager as the primary technical contact to interface with analysts, IT staff, security staff, sponsors, and external counterparts in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of computer-based applications, tools, and databases.
- Solve complex problems related to tradecraft quality and effectiveness working independently and in consultation with production teams and analysts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in various tools/databases and appropriate SATs by providing advice on best practices for tradecraft, quality, peer review, and access to al-source intelligence information to management and technical staff.
- Prioritize parallel activities and resources within the multistage workflow process required to produce LLNL intelligence products.
- Identify, develop, and implement training plans, materials, and courses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical science, engineering, or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, and demonstrated ability to perform independent work.
- Experience in assembling and exploiting information from intelligence and other products to produce of finished intelligence products, including coherent exposition of key judgments and scope notes; experience preparing and disseminating WMD intelligence analysis.
- Demonstrated technical skills to evaluate and implement computer applications, tools, and databases.
- Significant experience and demonstrated ability to lead independent work effectively.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and decision-making skills necessary to recommend and implement solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ingenuity in managing changing situations requiring creativity and the ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Ability to work across organizations to effectively interact with colleagues, mid-level internal management, and customers to resolve complex problems.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team effectively.
- Knowledge of activities for the FIEs at national laboratories, particularly LLNL, undertaken as part of the national intelligence effort.
- Knowledge of key national security issues relating to foreign WMD and information operations threats to U.S. policy objectives.
- Ability to pass initial and periodic polygraph tests for specific programmatic duties.
Qualifications We Desire at the TSS.3 Level
- Advanced application of technical, applied science, and/or business principles, theories, and concepts of high-quality analytic tradecraft.
- Advanced knowledge IC and DOE policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of key national security issues related to foreign WMD relationships between threats and U.S. policy objectives.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to re-investigation of your existing Q or Top Secret clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now