Refine Search Clear All
Web Development and Administration Team Lead
Public Affairs/Communications | livermore, CA | 11/16/2021
Job Code: E02.4 Web Site Administrator 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Web Development and Administration Team Lead to support the Web Team in the Recharge Services Division of the Technical Information Department (TID). You will be responsible for contributing to and overseeing the administration, design, development, and maintenance of internal and external web sites and web content strategies. You will coordinate the work of a team consisting of developers, web administrators, web and graphic designers, content strategists, and user interface/user experience (UI/UX) specialists You will work collaboratively with senior management, customers, and team members to identify objectives and strategies in order to deliver high-quality web applications, content, design, and architecture.
In this role you will…
- Lead the Recharge Services Web Team, planning and directing the production of complex web, multimedia, and digital communication projects, providing time and budget estimates and coordinating the work of the team to meet customer expectations, budgets, and deadlines. Identify and implement new tools and technologies, areas for increased emphasis in training and development, and contribute feedback to annual performance appraisals for team members.
- Respond, consult, and partner with customers, working with your team to define, develop, and establish objectives to meet the web specification requirements for projects.
- Lead, manage, and oversee website development and administration including design concepts, graphics, multimedia, and content strategy to represent the science and technology at LLNL and provide analysis of the successful completion of those products based on quality, timeline, and budget. Work closely with web administrators, content strategists, designers, developers, and user interface and user experience specialists to maintain consistent high-quality web content, applying unique, and creative approaches that meet customer and audience needs.
- Collaboratively strengthen partnerships across internal and external teams of developers, graphic designers, writers and editors, illustrators, and visualization, multimedia, and photography professionals to promote TID products and services.
- Demonstrate user-centered focus and development mindsets while supporting the needs of internal team members and ensuring effective development of project plans and schedules while adhering to commitments of deadlines and costs.
- Provide in-depth consultation and feedback related to development of highly sensitive and complex multifaceted projects that include web-based components, frequently responsible for customer contact and collaborative communication with team, Group Leader and Project Manager.
- Establish standards for quality of work and provide creative guidance on techniques, processes, and cost-effective alternatives to producing a variety of products. Serve as final quality check for the most complex, technical and/or highly visible web and digital communications products.
- Work with team to set levels of standards on project estimation and implementation of new projects to determine appropriate media/display styles for content, test materials on appropriate platforms, and determine application of UI/UX methodologies for complex, multilayered sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and related experience; equivalent education and/or work experience as a graphics or web designer, web developer, or web administrator.
- Significant knowledge in website administration, development, or design with a focused emphasis on User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) as it pertains to web site communications. In-depth knowledge and experience utilizing best practices in web administration, design, architecture, and content strategy including performance, accessibility, and usability.
- Broad understanding of responsive design development and UI/UX design principals and browser formats as they relate to web design. In-depth understanding of emerging web and design technologies.
- Experience leading and effectively managing multidisciplinary projects or teams, while establishing commitments of scope, schedule, and cost.
- Experience working with diverse production teams that are comprised of other communication disciplines, e.g. photographers, illustrators, graphic designers, editors/writers, web developers, and animators.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to lead a team while delegating work to team members as appropriate. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead conceptualization of effective high-quality designing, planning, direction, and coordination of web and multimedia design projects, including experience in establishing and maintaining design integrity throughout all media, publications, and campaigns.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of SEO, 508 compliance, copyright, and privacy regulations.
- Experience building sites, developing themes, and creating/modifying modules for Content Management Systems (CMS), such as Drupal, WordPress, and Liferay. Experience using latest technologies and practices with a diverse set of software and applications, such as Oracle, MariaDB, MongoDB, and Git.
- Knowledge of server architecture and troubleshooting, Linux, Apache, MySQL Database.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.