Refine Search Clear All
Occupational Health Injection Team Nurse
Health Services | livermore, CA | 11/11/2021
Job Code: 541.3 Registered Nurse - Occ Health
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Flexible Term
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Occupational Health Injection Team Nurse. You will act as the Health Services Department (HSD) Injection team lead. You will interact with employees, supervisors, line managers, industrial hygienists, safety officers, medical professionals, and the risk manager. You will develop protocols and deliver vaccination and testing services to all employees. You will work case management duties for the COVID team as needed. You will support other occupational health injury and illness services, medical surveillance/certification examinations, health maintenance/education services and clinics. This position is in the Health Services Department within the Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate.
In this role you will
- Manage and implement vaccinations for Flu, coronavirus and other relevant threats.
- Perform diagnostic and screening testing for coronavirus diseases or other threats.
- Provide case management for ill and potentially ill employees to reduce risk of infectious disease spread in the workplace.
- Assess, analyze and evaluate occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses, and initiate appropriate first aid clinical treatments.
- Conduct physical examination workups, including phlebotomy, EKG, spirometry, audiometry and vision tests.
- Conduct health hazard evaluations, including worksite evaluations, and train and counsel patients on preventive healthcare.
- Direct and mentor medical assistants on daily tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Possess a valid California Registered Nurse license.
- B.S. in Nursing
- Clinical nursing experience in an occupational health, emergency room or urgent care setting.
- Proficient with phlebotomy and intravenous therapy.
- Possess or eligible for current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member with strong effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the administration of a wide variety of medications.
- Experience in supervising or leading and/or mentoring less experienced healthcare personnel.
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce.
This is a Flexible Term appointment, which is for a definite period not to exceed six years.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.