Refine Search Clear All
Technical Operations Administrator
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 11/08/2021
Job Code: 320.1 Computer Associate / 320.2 Senior Computer Associate
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an experienced Technical Operations Administrator. You will work independently to configure and maintain a suite of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications along with in-house developed software tools managing data and information in support of the various Programs within the Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI) Principal Directorate. As a member of the Applications and Information Management (AIM) Technical Operations (TechOps) team, you will be responsible for identifying and documenting software application related problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis, and will collaborate with the team members to plan and implement application installations, upgrades/updates, patching, and serve as a liaison to both software vendors as well as LLNL technical staff on behalf of the application owners. This position is in the Application, Simulations and Quality (ASQ) Division within the Computing Directorate reporting to the WCI IT Applications Infrastructure Team.
This position will be filled at either the 320.1 or 320.2 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and modify applications, operating systems, and other software products to ensure their interoperability, including those under development by in-house software development teams, COTS software deployed in the organization, and third-party products, to meet the needs of application owners.
- Responsible for software application related problem management activities such as root cause investigation and issue resolution, providing in-depth analysis and developing innovative methods to problem diagnosis and resolution for all applications supported.
- Deploy, test, debug, upgrade, and document software applications and integration interfaces.
- Collaborate with AIM, LivIT, WCI IT/Cyber, and the Database Management Team Services (DMTS) technical teams to ensure proper integration of the environment.
- Proactively monitor and remediate application server infrastructure issues.
- Create, review, and maintain advanced technical support documentation for supported software applications and their environments.
- Provide input and status updates for project tracking activities.
- Serve as the liaison with vendor support on all issues and evaluate vendor products.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 320.2 Level
- Lead system and process analysis efforts to provide creative solutions for highly complex customer problems.
- Design and develop advanced technical integration solutions, working directly with the application project leads to recommend solutions and strategies for configuration, testing and integration.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience in software applications and application interfaces.
- Significant experience in one or more of the following: failover, high availability, disaster recovery, business continuance, process automation, best practices, or technology efficiency and effectiveness.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others.
- Experience with Windows and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux server Operating Systems.
Additional Qualifications at the 320.2 Level
- Significant experience working independently with minimal guidance and supervision to plan and schedule workload and establish priorities.
- Significant experience with software and/or systems configuration management.
- Experience with SQL Query Development as it relates to Oracle and MSSQL Server databases.
- Experience with scripting to perform administrative tasks as well as experience with monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Web Services, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS, or Oracle Application Server is a plus.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now