Refine Search Clear All
Cybersecurity Cloud Security Control Assessor
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 11/05/2021
Job Code: SES.1 Science & Engineering MTS 1 / SES.2 Science & Engineering MTS 2
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Cybersecurity Cloud Security Control Assessor. You will perform a wide range of activities associated with cyber security with emphasis on cloud security. The position is within the Information Technology Solutions Division (ITSD) of the Computing Directorate matrixed to the Cyber Security Program (CSP) in support of the LivIT Program.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Identify security concerns by analyzing computer system security control requirements and implementations to determine unmitigated risks to computer operating systems, networks, and cloud services.
- Analyze moderately complex information system security plans and testing documents and assist programs in the development of testing procedures and security plan documentation.
- Perform comprehensive assessments in cloud services and support of ongoing authorization of information systems and cloud services.
- Conduct Cyber Security Program self-assessments and contribute to the development and completion of corrective action plans when needed for programs and CSP.
- Participate in external cyber security auditing functions and in the response, collection of data, preparation of reports to outside agencies, Congress, and organizations internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Analyze and evaluate cloud service responsibilities and cyber security processes, procedures and policies for efficiency and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the SES.2 level
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities of customers and stakeholders, ensuring deadlines are met, while leveraging team member skills.
- Perform technical assessments, document actions, findings, and make remediation recommendations.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of computer and network technologies.
- Experience performing risk analysis or demonstrated research skills (the ability to search for, locate, extract, organize, evaluate, and use or present information that is relevant to a particular topic).
- Experience and knowledge of the skills needed for a customer support role to include a focus on listening, rapport-building, excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable nature, courtesy, and patience, and negotiating and influencing skills.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team environment and communicate technical information, document work, and prepare and present technical information.
- Ability to express in writing technical information, thoughts, or ideas clearly and concisely for review by peers and management.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with conflicting priorities and demonstrated advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
Additional qualifications at the SES.2 level
- Experience providing innovative approaches and applying new technologies to broadly defined tasks and projects.
- Broad experience applying effective analytical and problem-solving skills to moderately complex problems.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of risk mitigation requirements for computer operating systems and cloud services.
- Knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53 (Security and Privacy Controls for Information Systems and Organizations).
- Applicable Cyber Security certifications (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Cloud+, Certified Cloud Security Professional, or similar), participating in Capture The Flag (CTF) events, or attendance of cyber security conferences/lectures.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.