Refine Search Clear All
Integrated Master Scheduler
Environmental, Safety & Health | livermore, CA | 11/01/2021
Job Code: TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4 / TSS.5 Technical Services & Ops MTS 5
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Integrated Master Scheduler to support scheduling in nuclear and high hazard facilities within the Weapons & Complex Integration Principal Directorate. With limited general direction, you will lead the scheduling function to reflect management priorities, integrating multiple projects with competing recourse requirements. The Integrated Master Scheduler leads moderate-sized program scheduling assignments and monitors the program’s progress toward milestones and key events. This position is in the Work Planning & Control (WP&C) Office within the Environment Safety and Health (ES&H) Directorate.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Work with senior directorate managers to develop an Integrated Master Plan (IMP), including an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), by applying the principles of project management to large, complex, inter-related project schedules.
- Ensure schedules include appropriate lead times and durations to maximize schedule compliance.
- Mentor and lead the program staff in regard to scheduling.
- Develop new processes, concepts, or standards that will aid Integrated Scheduling.
- Perform complex program schedule analysis including metrics, critical path, float, and schedule variances.
- Build and maintain a program-level IMS which includes major milestones and deliverables from internal customers, clients, and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.5 level
- Lead implementation of IMP/IMS within each Directorate.
- Champion strategic development of an institutional IMS, based upon directorate-level schedules.
- Represent the Laboratory to the sponsor and stakeholders and serve on external scientific/technical committees and act as senior technical expert on large programs/projects.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related technical experience.
- Significant experience with Critical Path Management (CPM) scheduling and planning, and performing Schedule Risk Assessments (SRAs).
- Significant experience analyzing and managing a project or program schedule and effectively communicating to all levels of the project team and stakeholders.
- Expert-level knowledge of scheduling tools demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite, MicroStrategy, Tableau or other analytics software for development of schedule performance metrics and resource utilization reporting.
- Significant experience working independently, manage multiple competing priorities under pressure, and apply exceptional organizational skills to accomplish work.
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills necessary to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams of technical experts through planning and scheduling discussions, including conflict resolution skills necessary to resolve differing opinions, scheduling conflicts, and resource allocations.
- Expert interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.5 level
- Subject matter expertise and substantial experience in providing long-range technical and operational goals.
- Extensive experience guiding, implementing, and applying cutting edge principles, theories, concepts and technologies to development of a large, highly complex, inter-related schedule.
- Extensive experience in advising and negotiating with senior management, policy makers, external customers and a broader community of experts.
Qualifications We Desire
- Extensive nuclear and/or explosives facility operations experience.
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) Certification, Project Management Professional Certification (PMP).
- Expert-level knowledge of Oracle Primavera Enterprise scheduling tools.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.