Refine Search Clear All
Control Account Manager
Engineering | livermore, CA | 10/28/2021
Job Code: Q01.5 Project Controls Analyst 5
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Control Account Manager (CAM) to support the physics effort of the W80-4 Life Extension Program. This position will report to the LLNL Senior Team Lead and work with the Technical Lead/System Owner in implementing efficient management and execution practices and in developing strategies to address the needs of the project. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Manage cost, schedule, and technical performance of the W80-4 LEP physics Control Accounts, supporting all meetings and data requests pertaining to these Control Accounts.
- Establish and maintain the Control Account Plan, including Planned Value (PV), i.e., Budgeted Cost for Work Scheduled (BCWS).
- Verify and control costs charged to the control account including Actual Cost (AC), i.e., Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP)
- Determine work accomplished, to include Earned Value (EV), i.e., Budgeted Cost for Work Performed (BCWP), etc.
- Update Estimates to Complete (ETC) for work packages within the control account and validate Estimates At Complete (EAC).
- Manage flow down control account work scope to supporting departments, tasking contributors via the agreement of work packages.
- Conduct formal cost and schedule variance analysis and develop recovery plans required to recover schedule or cost variances.
- Process change requests (BCAs) for changes to budget, schedule or technical scope of the control accounts.
- Authorize approval of the Control Account Authorization (CAA) documents and co-approval of the Make/Buy plan for material used within the control account.
- Define and agree with the Project Manager and Technical Lead/System Owner on the control account work scope, schedule and budget.
- Monitor all control account activities through the review of work packages and identify potential technical, schedule and cost risks and manage them according to the program's Risk Management process.
- Co-manage sub-contractor effort within the control account (in conjunction with the Technical Lead/System Owner).
- Direct resources assigned to the control account effort (in conjunction with the Technical Lead/System Owner).
- Work closely with a partner lab’s Control Account Manager in incorporating, updating and consolidating the P6 schedules, and also with the PMO (Project Management Office).
- Assist the W80-4 Project Management Office with monthly cost and schedule performance status reporting to the Federal Project Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline (physics or engineering), or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Experience directing projects and/or project control functions, including cost estimating, directing, planning, scheduling, development control, and analysis and solving complex problems in innovative and effective ways.
- Understanding of general project management and project control technical skills and integration of all of the components of an Earned Value Management System, including organizational, planning, accounting, analysis, and revision of process areas.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills including performing statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, computer architecture, and operations to disseminate, create, and present highly detailed and complex financial information to diverse audiences.
- Knowledge and experience in using project controls operating systems such as Primavera, Cobra, or MS Project, and expert knowledge using Microsoft Office.
- Experience as a skilled specialist establishing criteria for project controls systems and process, as well as leading implementations of integrated project controls systems and tools.
- Experience independently and successfully clarifying issues, analyzing concerns, and resolving highly complex problems and implementing sound decisions under consultative direction.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information and provide advice to management.
Qualifications We Desire
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Physics and/or certification as a Project Management Professional.
- Project Management Professional Certification, Earned Value Professional, and Six Sigma Certifications.
- Experience interfacing with external customers or industrial partners, especially the Department of Energy (DOE).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.