Refine Search Clear All
Livermore Computing DevOps Summer Undergraduate Student Intern
Students | livermore, CA | 10/19/2021
Job Code: 705.1 Under Grad Student
Position Type: Student Intern
Security Clearance: None (however, assignments longer than 179 days require a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
Position will be closed to applicants January 31, 2022.
We have multiple openings for our Livermore Computing DevOps Team (DO IT), Summer Undergraduate Internship Program. This internship will run 9 weeks, beginning in May 2022. Our openings are for undergraduate level students who will be given the opportunity to engage in practical software development life cycle, modern DevOps tools, and Agile methodologies to kickstart a bright future career. The selected interns will work with our Cloud Solution Architects in a small group setting to focus on a high visible project in our High Performance Computing (HPC) Facility.
In this role you will
- Work with solution architects, system administrators, and technical staff members to provide technical support to projects in the areas of web development, application programming interface (API), and database performing tuning.
- Under close supervision, interns will participate in research in assigned area.
- Participate in the requirements definition, analysis, design, implementation, debugging, testing, and optimization of computer program in Docker containers.
- Attend daily Scrum and other DO IT related meetings and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a continuing college or university student in good standing at an accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Computer Engineering, or other related fields.
- Effective programming skills in a high-level language such as Java, C++, Python, NodeJS.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas in a team environment.
- Desire to improve skills in public presentation of software/project results by giving presentations and participating in the LLNL student poster symposium or Summer Slam.
- Experience approaching difficult problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now