Refine Search Clear All
Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Facility Energy Owners I/II
Craft and Skilled Labor | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: 336.1 Facility Manager I / 336.2 Facility Manager II
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) Facility Energy Owners. You will have technical and administrative responsibility for performing and coordinating the work of Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) operations within the Operations & Business (O&B) LOTO Team. These positions are in the O&B Principal Directorate in service to the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) Directorate as well as the Project Management Office (PMO). These positions report to the appropriate program Area Facility Operations Manager (AFOM) in the Facility Management Division (FMD).
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Perform the daily work of a LOTO Facility Energy Owner Team Member engaged in the development, approval, installation, validation and removal of LOTO to all forms of facility equipment and systems configurations. LOTO Operations include the removal from service and subsequent return to service of plant facilities and equipment.
- Provide advanced technical and administrative oversight and coordination of LLNL facility activities ensuring facility systems and associated equipment, including building automation systems, the facility heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical systems, fire protection systems, and alarm systems function reliably.
- Provide technical expertise in LOTO Operations specific disciplines (e.g., engineering, ES&H, facilities, construction, maintenance, and applied sciences) and perform technical work applicable to LOTO.
- Oversee and evaluate activities performed in the facilities and concur on and release all work conducted in the facility to ensure the work is within the facility safety basis, that work conflicts are avoided, and hazards to occupants or to the facility are identified and controlled.
- Collaborate with the Real Property and Programmatic Equipment Owners to create, review and approve Equipment Specific LOTO Plans for equipment defined by the LOTO Program Manager.
- Complete Facility Energy Owner and Facility Manager training requirements including initial and recurring training as defined.
- Analyze moderately complex data to support analysis and reporting of LOTO operations and develop, review, and implement procedures and plans including safety basis documentation, change control forms, facility safety plans, work control documents, roof access plans and facility project plans.
- Ensure work is performed safely and in compliance with Federal, State, and LLNL Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) requirements and policies.
- Provide daily technical direction to facility coordinators, facility logistics coordinators, and craft personnel to complete facility related LOTO activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the 336.2 level
- Independently create, review and approve Equipment Specific LOTO Plans for equipment defined by the LOTO Program Manager.
- Provide technical direction and coordination in the procurement, installation, modification, and repair of team equipment, materials, and supplies to meet LOTO and Facilities Management objectives as directed.
- Develop, champion, and manage complex facility repair and modification projects and report progress to senior management.
- Provide highly advanced technical direction to facility coordinators, facility logistics coordinators, and craft personnel to complete facility-related activities.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate technology or an equivalent combination of education and significant related experience in a relevant engineering or technology field and ability to obtain a Facilities Management Certification.
- High level knowledge and technical skills in the facilities equipment maintenance and construction trades with a focus on energy hazard identification and isolation.
- Significant experience in facility management including facility maintenance, or facility operations and in-depth knowledge of interactions and interdependence of facility related systems and program operations /equipment.
- Technical, administrative, and operational skills and experience including collaborative decision making, workload schedule adherence, implementation of policies and procedures.
- Significant experience in the application of safety regulations to evaluate work hazards to assure the public, workers, and environment are protected from adverse consequences.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with coworkers, facility tenants, managers, and service providers.
Additional qualifications at the 336.2 level
- Extensive experience in facility management including facility maintenance, or facility operations and advanced level knowledge of interactions and interdependence of facility related systems and Program operations/equipment.
- Experience providing technical direction for, and tracking the progress of, technical projects.
- Advanced knowledge of the standards, procedures and techniques related to coordination/facilities management.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of the function and operation of typical security policies and procedure for nuclear, sensitive or limited-access facilities.
- Experience in Operations based Teams applied to a wide variety of industrial systems and equipment with a focus on disciplined operations concepts and practices. Examples of Operations Teams may include, but are not limited to, Military, large scale Manufacturing, Petroleum production, Chemical production or Electrical Power Plant experience.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.