Refine Search Clear All
Modernization Program Business Analyst
Engineering | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: E01.3 Business Analyst 3
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Program Management Business Analysts to support the Modernization Programs (MPs). You will be supporting the MP Project Engineers and the engineering system Team Leads in execution of programmatic work to ensure technical review actions are tracked, internal and external deliverables are managed and completed on time, programmatic documentation is properly archived, and communication systems are in place and working properly. These positions are in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate in support of the Weapon Technologies and Engineering (WTE) Program.
In this role you will
- Manage the system team technical review action item database and ensure all action items are added, tracked, and reported out on a regular basis.
- Monitor engineering leadership taskings to include internal and external deliverables and ensure responsibly parties are completing activities on time to support closure.
- Ensure project documentation is archived per NNSA Policy-24 (NAP-24) and WCI/WTE quality requirements.
- Monitor performance data and independently develop complex analysis that may include schedule variance analysis and preparation of recovery or corrective action plans.
- Communicate effectively between leadership and the engineering team. Provide consultative support to engineering leadership team to monitor deliverables and tracked action items.
- Develop programmatic documents such as reports, decision memos, external responses, and action items.
- Lead special projects as defined by the project engineer or system team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional discipline or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience working with the Nuclear Security Enterprise (NSE) and NNSA federal program management organizations.
- Experience developing, qualifying, and delivering product through the product realization process.
- Program management experience working with schedules, cost estimates, and multi-site integration.
- Experience taking initiative to develop innovative solutions for successful project execution.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively interact and collaborate with the LLNL weapons program, nuclear security enterprise sites, and federal management staff.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Advanced degree in business or related field.
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with LLNL’s operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA’s Defense Programs Business Process Systems and NAP-24.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.