Refine Search Clear All
HR Statistics and Information Analyst
Human Resources | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: H07.1 HR Information Analyst 1 / H07.2 HR Information Analyst 2
Organization: Strategic Human Resources Mgmt
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We are looking for an HR Statistics and Information Analyst to support the workforce analytics and data analysis needs of Human Resources and the Laboratory. You will develop sound and professionally defensible analyses and projections by identifying, joining, and analyzing disparate data sets for issues that cross human resource disciplines and require the development of new approaches or techniques. This position is in the HR Operations Service Center – Workforce Analytics & Metrics and Service Support group.
This position will be filled at either the H07.1 or H07.2 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will:
- Provide statistical analysis and analytical support to address a wide variety of problems and solutions requiring research and interpretation.
- Follow established methods and techniques for building and implementing workforce demographic, and other statistical models or studies which require utilization of predictive modeling software and techniques including R and Excel with a goal of obtaining accurate multi-year projections.
- Perform basic analysis and compile large quantities of data with multiple factors and criteria from various databases; create formal and ad hoc reports.
- Assist with the monthly audit/reconciliation between HR source system and the HR Business Intelligence system (HRBI), resolving basic issues identified by working with subject matter experts and developers.
- Assist programmers on system set-up of new/revised programs.
- Present analysis and make reporting recommendations to the Workforce Analytics & Metrics (WAM) team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition, at the H07.2 Level
- Provide analytic support by analyzing a variety of factors to develop solutions for problems where data is available but may need clarification.
- Perform monthly audit/reconciliation between HR source system and the HR Business Intelligence system (HRBI), resolving basic issues identified by working with subject matter experts and developers.
- Support the planning and scheduling of the implementation, maintenance and administration of new, recurring, and ad hoc processes or programs, including but not limited to, workforce reviews, ad hoc HR reporting, and ad hoc surveys.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics (emphasis in Statistics), Economics, or a related computer field or quantitative field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Basic knowledge of HR professional principles and regulatory requirements as it pertains to reporting, data, and application research.
- Basic understanding of analytical concepts, software, and data analysis tools to analyze issues using data-based evidence.
- Basic understanding of data mining, predictive modeling and projection methodologies, and techniques using predictive modeling software such as R and Excel.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data necessary to develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases containing advanced formulas and functions.
- Experience with decision making and problem solving that requires mature judgment, discretion, and tact to assist in resolving issues and developing solutions.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, necessary to effectively communicate results and prepare documentation and reports.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
In Addition, at the H07.2 Level
- Knowledge of and experience applying HR practices, regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes, and systems as it pertains to HR reporting, data, and application research.
- Experience applying analytical concepts, software, and data analysis tools using PeopleSoft (or similar HRIS system) to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present workforce data and information.
- Experience and advanced skills in the development of spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions; using SQL, R, and Excel.
- Experience with data warehouse and/or business intelligence tools.
- Experience with PeopleSoft or MicroStrategy for human resources reporting.
- Experience using SQL, R, and Excel for data analysis.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now