Refine Search Clear All
Environmental, Safety & Health | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: TSS.2 Technical Services & Ops MTS 2 / TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3
Organization: ESH and Quality
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Workweek Schedulers. You will work with supervisors and managers from across the Laboratory to provide advanced scheduling of complex programmatic projects, corrective maintenance, and maintenance projects in the Weapons & Complex Integration Directorate’s facilities. The Scheduler ensures alignment of the workweek plan with business performance goals, priorities, and objectives. These positions are in the Work Planning & Control (WP&C) Office.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Contribute to establishing a T-week schedule process.
- Prepare and manage a T-8 workweek schedule that includes all programmatic projects, maintenance tasks, and maintenance projects that draw upon a limited resource pool within WCI Directorate facilities.
- Ensure effective leveling of the workweek task-level schedule to ensure the safe and effective utilization of limited resources.
- Collaborate with Responsible Individuals (RIs), to ensure work is properly sequenced on the schedule to minimize duration of the activity and impact to facility personnel.
- Ensure holds or restrictions are eliminated prior to work entering the T-0 week.
- Revise schedules to ensure emergent work is bundled properly.
- Ensure adoption of best practices into standard processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the TSS.3 level
- Lead development of the T-week scheduling process to optimize resources, address operational priorities, and ensure alignment with financial, customer, reliability, safety, and performance goals.
- Drive the management of WCI maintenance backlogs, maintaining a balance between preventative, corrective, and elective maintenance work completion for effective continuous material condition improvements.
- Optimize resources to allow for emergent workload with minimum impact to schedule.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, project management, or an equivalent combination of education and related technical experience.
- Experience working as a workweek manager, scheduler, project manager, and/or operational experience supporting complex science, R&D, nuclear, or explosives work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management and work scheduling theories and practice.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and to apply project management principles to organize, coordinate, sequence, and accomplish work.
- Experience working independently as well as closely with all levels of management.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and CMMS work management modules.
- Excellent facilitation and leadership skills necessary to lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary teams of technical experts through technical discussions, including conflict resolution skills necessary to resolve differing opinions.
- Proficient interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
Additional qualifications at the TSS.3 level
- Experience leading change or implementing a new business process.
- Significant experience working as a workweek manager, scheduler, project manager, and/or operational experience supporting complex science, R&D, nuclear, or explosives work.
- Significant experience executing independent judgement.
Qualifications We Desire
- Prior experience in Work Management, which includes scheduling, coordination, work sequencing, and resource loading.
- Advanced knowledge of technical work with extensive nuclear and/or explosive safety/safety basis requirements.
- Experience applying various Human Performance Improvement tools for both individuals and work teams, (e.g. procedure use and adherence).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.