Refine Search Clear All
Accountant, Projects & General Ledger
Finance & Accounting | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: C02.3 Accountant 3
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Accountant, Projects & General Ledger to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, maintenance, and review of complex institutional accounting, financial, and property reporting information. This position is in the General Accounting & Compliance/Financial Reporting Division of the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Organization.
In this role you will:
- Process, analyze, maintain, and review institutional accounting costs and financial information.
- Independently complete monthly financial close activities in Projects Accounting and General Ledger.
- Provide oversight and maintain a relationship with Finance, Budget Team and Laboratory employees while ensuring compliance with Contract 44, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and applicable Department of Energy (DOE) regulations, policies, and procedures as it applies to property accounting and capitalization.
- Advise and provide analysis and research on any area related to project accounting, general ledger, and property accounting, including but not limited to transactions in the Oracle Financial System, along with Department of Energy (DOE) required systems.
- Reconcile account costing information, analyze and interpret accounting data to advise and make recommendations that may pertain to general ledger, projects, property and/or assets.
- Process ServiceNow help desk tickets relating to Project Accounting. Process and Test Oracle Projects-related defect tickets.
- Perform end to end testing in Oracle EBS for upgrades, annual patching, and implementations that interface with Oracle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Complete knowledge and in-depth understanding of accounting theory, CAS, GAAP, financial policies and procedures.
- Significant experience applying problem-solving and analytical skills to solve complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact, and ability to successfully negotiate desirable outcomes and experience making effective and timely decisions.
- Significant experience researching, compiling, and analyzing complex financial data and information and developing; applying and interpreting financial policies and procedures.
- Advanced experience in the development and maintenance of financial spreadsheets containing advanced functions, including significant experience utilizing commercial and institutional financial tools.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to effectively prepare and deliver financial briefings, documentation, reports and financial advice to senior Laboratory personnel, and/or other external organizations and agencies.
- Advanced organization skills and expertise using interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade, and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Significant experience with computer-based spreadsheets and report-generation applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.