Refine Search Clear All
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 10/13/2021
Job Code: TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3 / TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Project Manager. You will have full Project Management responsibility in leading multi-disciplinary teams to develop project scope, design and construct large complex conventional facilities projects. You will be responsible for the definition of each project’s technical scope, method of accomplishment, cost, and schedule objectives as well as serving as the organization spokesperson on assigned projects. These positions are in the Project Management Office (PMO).
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role, you will
- Manage, direct, and monitor the project team to accomplish complex technical efforts to define scope requirements, estimate, design, procure, and construct each assigned project.
- Responsible for meeting client’s functional criteria, negotiate requirements and limitations, deliver projects on schedule and within cost objectives, and conduct technical design reviews.
- Prepare, maintain and manage project management plans, budgets/estimates, earned value management parameters, project authorization requests, project change control actions, monthly status reports and documentation suitable for audit review both during and after completion of project.
- Research and analyze fundamental issues in business process development, including project scope definition, evaluation of functional and operations requirements, design, testing, and activation of capital assets.
- Communicate project status to project team, resolve issues, maintain project file, and recommend addition, expansion or discontinuance of project scope to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Develop and deliver project proposals and presentations to a broad audience of customers, stakeholders, and senior managers.
- Collaborate with project task managers, team members, outside consultants, contractors, users, clients, and DOE to meet project objectives, and to resolve complex technical and performance issues that require in depth analysis and ingenuity and creativity.
- Support and ensure compliance with all DOE Orders recognized by the LLNS contract, and LLNL and PMO policies, standards and procedures, including Employee Safety and Health (ES&H) requirements, on all assigned projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Serve as the technical leader and expert on large projects and recommend solutions to highly complex issues and requirements from program sponsors to accomplish program goals through facility construction projects.
- Serve as the organization spokesperson for the Integrated Project Management Division on specialized projects or programs.
- Mentor peers and less experienced team members in project management principles and practices.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- BS Degree in Engineering/Architecture, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience in various aspects of project management, including project planning, scheduling, cost estimating, and baseline control.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of project management methodologies and tools.
- Significant experience conducting technical reviews, preparing and maintaining large budgets, and utilizing analytical, process flow, problem solving, customer relationship, organization, and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical and problem solving abilities necessary to independently recommend and approve actions and implement innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Strong computer skills using related software for word processing, spreadsheets and graphics.
- Experience working in a team environment among multi-discipline personnel.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain project plans and designs to management and customers and to provide advice to management.
In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Subject matter expert knowledge of project management principles, practices, methodologies and tools as required for the project management of facility development projects.
- Expert verbal and written communication, facilitation and collaboration skills necessary to effectively present, explain and advise senior management and external sponsors and experience as a spokesperson for a project or program.
- Substantial experience mentoring peers and leading teams.
- California Professional Engineering Registration.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification or Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) Certification.
- Facility demolition and site remediation experience.
- Experience with project execution in radiation hazardous category areas.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
LLNL demonstrates its commitment to public safety by requiring that all new Laboratory employees be immunized against COVID-19 unless granted an accommodation under applicable state or federal law. This requirement will apply to all new hires including those who will be working on site, as well as those who will be teleworking.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now