Refine Search Clear All
Alarms Team Manager
Administrative | livermore, CA | 09/13/2021
Job Code: 391.1 Engr/Sci Staff Associate
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Team Manager to support the Alarms Division within the Emergency Management Department. You will be responsible for providing management and leadership for the safe and effective operation of Fire and Life Safety systems, maintenance alarms, and data acquisition throughout the S200 and S300 Laboratory facilities. You will provide advanced level administrative and technical direction to personnel responsible for the installation and maintenance of mission critical facilities and equipment. You will interact with senior managers and customer representatives to ensure a thorough understanding of mission needs, program requirements, and facility operations. The Team Manager reports to the Alarms Division Leader.
In this role you will
- Provide high level technical and administrative leadership to engineers, software professionals, line supervisors and a large workforce of craft and service personnel engaged in the execution of design, installation, maintenance and light construction work.
- Develop, implement, and monitor contracts for maintenance and services.
- Work with customers and facility managers to identify maintenance needs and assist with assessing risks, determining prioritization, evaluating alternatives, and resolving highly complex issues.
- Oversee work activities ensuring they are appropriately scoped, planned, scheduled, and executed in a safe and cost-effective manner, while adhering to all National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and standards.
- Ensure customer requirements for facility access and operations are incorporated into the work planning and execution process.
- Collaborate with the Facility Management Division to schedule work and communicate progress toward job completion.
- Perform full range of personnel related duties including recruiting, training, writing performance appraisals, issuing disciplinary actions, rankings and reclassifications.
- Develop, manage, and oversee budgets for job costs, trainings, shop supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology or related field, or equivalent combination of education and significant related technical experience.
Significant supervisory, technical and administrative experience including leading, coaching and managing a large, technical craft and service workforce.
Demonstrated supervisory experience for technical and craftspeople including recruiting, training, issuing disciplinary actions, writing performance appraisals, and wage and promotion recommendations.
Expert technical knowledge in areas of mechanical, structural, and electrical, including building modifications, alterations and maintenance; significant experience planning/forecasting short- and long-term personnel needs for a technical craft and service type workforce.
Experience developing budget proposals or budget requests for maintenance projects.
Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations as it pertains to facility and utility modification, alterations, and maintenance work.
Demonstrated analytical skills to anticipate, identify, and resolve highly complex problems and issues.
Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management, including group leaders, project engineers, and scientific personnel to determine type and level of support needed. Proven ability to foster and promote a safe and healthy work environment ensuring that issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner adhering to all local, state and federal guidelines and regulations.
Proficient and effective personal computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Alarms Life Safety Systems (ALSS), Alarms Private Net Database, and timekeeping systems.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.