Refine Search Clear All
Computational Engineering Division Administrative Specialist IV
Engineering | livermore, CA | 09/09/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. You will be a key member of the team delivering solutions that enable the division to achieve its objectives. You will be adaptable in a dynamic environment to strategically support various projects and functions. In addition to being well-organized and methodical, your strong communication skills will be needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions with an experienced business perspective to contribute. This position is in the Computational Engineering Division (CED) Office within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Represent CED management in daily administrative matters to gather, clarify, coordinate, and disseminate information which will require working closely with internal and external customers.
- Provide administrative support for coordination of summer scholar and Academic Cooperation Program (ACP) participants. Track and maintain scholar/faculty employees working closely with the Scholar and Academic Cooperation Program office.
- Prepare domestic and international travel involving complex itineraries and incorporating and rescheduling as priorities evolve and change; process expense vouchers; take initiative to resolve issues.
- Coordinate external visits and assignments often requiring special paperwork, verification of security clearances, preparation of agendas, badging and information dissemination.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and reports for the Engineering Directorate. Coordinate daily administrative responsibilities specific to CED, making decisions of moderate to high impact on day-to-day operations.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures, including scholar hiring activities.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose administrative or personnel material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Independently assess and respond to inquiries, prioritize actions, follow-up and ensure resolution on a wide variety of issues. May serve on administrative special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Advanced administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Experience researching, interpreting, formulating recommendations, and applying related policies and procedures and ability to be proactive to meet programmatic needs and requirements while tracking, compiling, and monitoring data.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion, tact and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information and personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with the following LLNL systems: Cliqbook, eCaps, ePay, FTS, LAPIS, LEAP, SmartRecruiters, LITE, LTRAIN, VTS
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now