Refine Search Clear All
Property Management & Inventory Group Leader
Administrative | livermore, CA | 09/07/2021
Job Code: F02.4 Property Administration Spec 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Property Management & Inventory Group Leader. You will provide leadership, direction, and supervision to ensure optimal performance of the property system and staff team members. You will also serve as the Property Inventory Lead responsible for the development, planning, and execution of the annual property inventories. This position is in the Asset Management Department.
In this role you will
- Serve as the Property Management Group Leader responsible for property staff members; provide leadership, direction and supervision to ensure optimal performance of the property system and staff team members. Oversee personnel management, training, and career growth of team members.
- Serve as key member of the Property Management leadership team responsible for developing annual performance metrics, interfacing with NNSA Livermore Field Office and Albuquerque Field Office, developing and ensuring consistent application of policies and procedures, creating and improving business strategy and performance, and evaluating and recommending new institutional requirements.
- Interpret and apply concepts, and techniques; analyze data, prepare final recommendations, and advise organizational senior management.
- Oversee and manage functional activities to include the management of property on agreements, field tagging, property recording, property liaisons, and property centers both within O&B and matrixed program support.
- Serve as the LLNL Property Inventory Lead responsible for the development, planning, and execution of the annual property inventories including attractive, equipment, controlled substances, repositories, explosives, and controlled storage.
- Serve as senior-level technical resource and point of contact for guidance, policy interpretation and problem solving for complex and unusual issues with assets to include property provided as Government Furnished Property, Subcontractor Acquired Property and Lost, Stolen and Missing reporting and corrective actions; develop new technical and functional innovation using IT technology, data integrations, business analytics, and presenting complex data using an assortment of IT solutions.
- Promote property management goals, objectives and milestones through regular Property Information Exchanges forums.
- Responsible for communications, approvals, validation efforts and reporting to NNSA Albuquerque as well as coordinating validation activities for the various inventories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience interpreting and applying property management policies, procedures, regulations and databases, including interpreting and executing Federal Property Management Regulations, Federal, State and local regulations and laws.
- Expertise in property regulations, policies, procedures and compliance requirements and in applying cost benefit evaluation and innovation to streamline and enhance business processes.
- Supervisory and performance management experience and leadership and team building skills to include the ability to develop and meet strategic department goals and lead staff development initiatives.
- Experience exercising a high degree of discretion, mature judgement, and tact in handling issues of sensitive nature.
- Advanced organizational, problem solving, decision-making, analytical and leadership skills necessary to independently advise, recommend and approve appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Customer service skills that demonstrate responsiveness to customer needs and requests and strong demonstrated experience working with customers to meet common goals.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present, advise, and influence managers, administrators and employees on a variety of issues.
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of LLNL Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of institutional applications, such as Sunflower Assets (SFA), Universal Content Management (UCM), and Laboratory Integrated Network for Contracts and Supply (LINCS).
- Advanced knowledge of business analytical tools (such as Share Point, Access Database, Excel, etc)
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.