Refine Search Clear All
Subcontract Analyst III/IV
Supply Chain | livermore, CA | 09/07/2021
Job Code: F04.3 Subcontracts Analyst 3 / F04.4 Subcontracts Analyst 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have openings for Subcontract Analysts III/IV who will solicit, negotiate, award and administer various types of subcontracts for construction/architectural and engineering, Decontamination and Demolition (D&D), equipment, materials, supplies, fabrications and services. You will, in accordance with applicable regulations, negotiate and administer various moderate to high value dollar, fixed price, cost reimbursable, unique and/or unusual complex subcontracts. These positions are in the Supply Chain Management Department.
This position will be filled at either the F04.3 or F04.4 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
Apply and interpret established procurement policies, procedures and processes, including those that are complex and may require in-depth analysis and interpretation; ensure compliance with internal and external business standards, and DOE/NNSA requirements.
Assist organizations in all activities related to the placement of complex subcontracts, including developing statements-of-work, identifying sources and participating in overall acquisition planning.
Review requisitions for completeness, ensure appropriate subcontract form, identify prospective bidders, participate in vendor surveys, prepare and issue solicitations, host site visits and issue addendum's.
Evaluate quotations and proposals, determine final vendor selection, negotiate applicable terms and conditions, negotiate price and delivery terms or project schedule, award subcontracts within signature authority or prepare subcontract for signature by appropriate signature level.
Administer multi-faceted and moderate to high dollar value subcontracts from award through close-out, including participating on project teams, the development and maintenance of file documentation, vendor performance, issuance of change orders, negotiation of subcontract modifications, review and approval of invoices for payment, and review of documentation for subcontract close-out.
- Analyze and interpret data with multiple factors and criteria; independently selects methods and techniques to develop practical solutions to solve complex and diverse problems.
- Prepare reports and responses to audit or reviews, develop and write complex and technical best value source selection correspondence, and provides recommendations.
- Serve as a knowledge leader and technical resource and interface between subcontractors and Laboratory personnel, collaborate with and lead procurement personnel and projects, interacts with internal customers, managers, team members and external vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities, at the F04.4 level
- Evaluate and administer highly complex, sensitive and unique subcontract proposals from award through close-out, including frequent negotiation of multi-faceted, high-dollar value, unique and/ or specialized requirements.
- Serve as a senior-level technical resource and Interpret highly complex technical specifications, drawings, and processes at a level required to effectively participate in discussions of technical requirements with vendors, managers and programmatic scientists and engineers.
- Manage complex projects, function as a project leader and/or serve as a supervisor or mentor to other subcontract analysts in the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience negotiating and administering subcontracts with unusual and/or complex terms and conditions.
- Significant experience applying cost and price analysis techniques to determine best value for an organization
- Working and practical knowledge of theories, practices, procurement techniques and methods such as DOE Acquisition Regulations (DEAR)s and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)s, cost accounting standards, business law, government regulations, commercial business practices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience developing and writing a variety of contract types, including fixed price and cost reimbursable contracts.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems that are diverse and multi-faceted, including sound decision-making skills with ability to be innovative, assess complex situations, recommend appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Proven leadership skills and/or project management experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively within a diverse team environment, program managers, clients, customers and external vendors and in providing a high level of customer service
- Effective organizational skills and ability to work in a faced-paced environment while simultaneously handling a diverse and varied workload, including ability to work independently toward goals and objectives.
Additional qualifications at the F04.4 level
- Extensive experience drafting, negotiating, awarding and administering high dollar value, highly unusual and complex subcontracts, including advanced knowledge of government and commercial subcontracts using best value techniques and determining reasonableness of cost and price.
- Extensive leadership and/or project management experience with the ability to supervise, lead and/or mentor subcontract analysts and provide assistance to other subcontract analysts.
- Experience interpreting complex technical specifications, drawings and processes in order to effectively engage with a diverse range of staff including vendors, managers and programmatic scientists and engineers.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.