Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist - Engineering Associate Director's Office
Administrative | livermore, CA | 09/07/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist who will be an essential part of our Associate Director’s Office team. You will perform a full range of complex and difficult administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities that require independent judgment, initiative and follow through. This position will be in the Engineering Associate Director’s Office (ADO).
In this role you will
- Serve as a member of the Engineering Associate Director’s Office representing senior management in daily matters taking the initiative to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Manage complex calendars independently determining scheduling priorities.
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature that may be sensitive in nature.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex meetings, and assist with directorate-wide events.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets, and tracking/filing systems.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Partner and provide back-up to the Associate Director’s Office Executive Assistant and to other administrative team members as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Advanced administrative knowledge and experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and/or foreign travel.
Qualifications We Desire
- Familiarity with LLNL’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LEAP, LITE, LTRAIN, ePay and Cliqbook.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.