Refine Search Clear All
Issues Management and Contractor Assurance System Specialist
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 09/07/2021
Job Code: TSS.3 Technical Services & Ops MTS 3 / TSS.4 Technical Services & Ops MTS 4
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have multiple openings for Issues Management and Contractor Assurance System (CAS) Specialists to implement applicable CAS requirements, commitments, and programs in all areas of the Laboratory. You will interface with a broad level of managers across the Laboratory, LLNL Assurance Managers, engineers, scientists, the Livermore Field Office, and counterparts at other national laboratories. This role requires the ability to maintain performance under pressure, exhibit sound judgment and sensitivity to organizational dynamics, and the ability to provide confident proactive guidance to leadership and stakeholders. This position is in the Management Assurance System (MAS) Organization within the Director’s Office.
These positions will be filled at either level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Identify areas for improvement in existing Contractor Assurance System programs and tools and develop and implement solutions.
- Develop and provide CAS related training.
- ·Develop and maintain CAS application User Guides.
- ·Develop and maintain strong relationships with LLNL Assurance Managers.
- Serve in a "Help Desk" role for CAS applications.
- CAS System Development and Integration.
- Work collaboratively with managers and subject matter experts across the Laboratory to identify and manage issues, identify and implement corrective actions, and measure and report effectiveness.
- Help customers understand their current situation, visualize the future, identify gaps and opportunities, and formalize a strategy for improving the implementation of CAS programs.
- Build relationships with various stakeholders, including the DOE site office personnel, corporate executives, Laboratory leadership members, senior management, and staff.
- Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making within multi-level audiences.
- Communicate issues and performance trends or analysis results to Laboratory leadership and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the TSS.4 level
- Collect and analyze performance data and regularly report and review institutional performance against LLNL’s strategy, the DOE Performance Evaluation and Measurement Plan (PEMP), and contractual requirements.
- Promote and cultivate the excellence of team members and colleagues while supporting the Lab’s overall mission.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or other related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with and experience working in one or more of the following areas of Contractor Assurance: issues management, requirements management, integrated assessment planning, Enterprise Risk Management, performance analytics (key performance indicators, metrics, and other indicators).
- Demonstrated ability to: work collaboratively as part of a team; listen – non-judgmentally; provide and accept constructive feedback; use independent judgment, creativity, and initiative to resolve problems; summarize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts and communications.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization with different types of personnel and communication styles in a tactful, professional, influencing, motivating manner while maintaining confidentiality
- Experience understanding, interpreting and retrievingneeded information from data sources, policies, procedures, laws, regulations, terminology, schedules, and personnel.
- Ability to communicate technical information to individuals of varying backgrounds and levels from staff to executive leadership.
- Excellent critical and systems thinking, questioning approach, with the ability to identify connections, gaps, and improvements and provide constructive feedback.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
In addition to TSS.4 level
- Expert creative and innovative solutions and techniques to independently contribute to technical projects and programs.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing performance data,ability to review and report institutional performance against an organization’s strategy.
- Extensive experience providing sound strategic and technical advice to management
- Experience in providing solutions to highly complex issues/problems
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations to senior management and other leadership
- Experience mentoring peers and less experienced personnel.
- Experience independently advising, recommending, and providing consultative direction and innovative solutions that significantly impact organizational processes.
- Knowledge of LLNL Contractor Assurance System programs and databases (e.g; Issues Tracking System, Requirements Flowdown, Enterprise Risk Management).
- Experience working with the DevonWay Platform
- Knowledge of requirements and functions (including DOE Orders and LLNL Policies) that impact the LLNL Contractor Assurance program
- Experience developing and implementing a Risk Management framework
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.