Refine Search Clear All
Administrative | livermore, CA | 08/26/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV. Under minimal supervision, you will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities in support of the Directors Office. This position is in the Office of Staff Relations (SRO).
In this role, you will
- Represent management in daily matters to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities; respond on their behalf on administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Coordinate, select and compile data from multiple sources for complex reports and presentations
- Generate correspondence on own initiative and compose correspondence for management signature, which may be sensitive in nature.
- Serve as a resource interpreting institutional and organizational policies, procedures, and communication information.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing, and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Establish and maintain complex databases, spreadsheets and tracking/filing systems.
- Arrange domestic travel and process reimbursements for SRO personnel.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex conferences and meetings, which includes originating conference databases, processing visitors’ badging, arranging complex domestic travel and itineraries, setting agendas, coordinating hospitality, and preparing conference material.
- Serve as TRR for Staff Relations
- Serve as the point of contact for SRO facility needs and serve as the property representative for the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced administrative support experience including accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Experience working under minimal supervision in a multitask/multi-faceted environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Advanced problem-solving, project management, and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, database and calendaring software, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Advanced experience compiling and preparing presentations and editing text for publication and/or high-level distribution.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
Qualifications We Desire
- Knowledge of institutional applications, ePay, Cliqbook, LITE, EAM, Sunflower, ServiceNow.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNS is committed to offering reasonable accommodations during the application and recruiting processes due to a disability. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.