Refine Search Clear All
Mobility/IT Customer Support Technician
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 08/25/2021
Job Code: 525.1 Computer Support Technician / 525.2 Computer Support Technologist
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for a Mobility/IT Customer Support Technician to provide customer service and support to the Laboratory’s institutional mobility program, including device deployment, troubleshooting, support, and retirement/management. You will provide basic computer and software support, including non-complex operating functions, password resets, and loaner device appointment set-up and returns. This position is in the Computing Directorate’s Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division, supporting the Livermore Information Technology (LivIT) Program.
This position will be filled at either the 525.1 or 525.2 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide basic customer support by answering process-related questions, concerns and/or technical issues related to mobile devices, desktop computers, and software.
- Provision and deploy mobile devices in accordance with policies and procedures, ensuring devices are properly managed and are functional for use.
- Provide basic technical assistance to the user community by assisting and/or troubleshooting customers and documenting the details.
- Provide entry-level hands-on assistance with device operation and rules for use.
- Assist with mobile device and computer system password resets.
- Assist in the property management process for all mobile devices from acquisition to excess.
- Serve as point of contact for the mobility loaner program and international service request by coordinating the device deployment/return process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 525.2 Level
- Perform computer support services while overseeing software updates, mobile device utilization, report generation, and process documentation.
- Determine applications requirements and manage small projects for user and computer operations control by analyzing user needs in relation to multiple complex database systems, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Provide intermediate technical assistance to the user community by answering calls, emails, support request/incidents, assisting and/or troubleshooting customers and documenting the details.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire.
- Associate’s degree in a Computer or Engineering related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing workload in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Basic experience with personal computers, software, and database systems with the ability to troubleshoot and solve basic technical problems with mobile devices and computers.
- Knowledge of electronics terminology, standards, procedures, and techniques.
- Experience maintaining clear and accurate records with an attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability providing customer service and maintaining professionalism.
- Knowledge of the skills needed for a customer support role, to include a focus on listening, rapport building, good communication skills, and courtesy and patience.
Additional Qualifications at the 525.2 Level
- Experience and knowledge of administering, troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing computers or mobile devices.
- Experience working with customers, addressing issues, and managing customer concerns and requests over the phone or in person.
- Experience updating policies and procedures or knowledge base articles.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.