Refine Search Clear All
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 08/24/2021
Job Code: 369.1 Maintenance/Construction Coord / 369.2 Senior Maint/Construction Coor
Organization: Weapons and Complex Integ
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an immediate opening for a Maintenance/Construction Coordinator. The Coordinator will provide advanced technical and administrative oversight and/or coordination of mechanical and/or electrical construction projects, work planning activities, and coordinate the efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment, and time to ensure proper and efficient operation and adherence to security, environmental, health and safety regulations.
This position will be filled at either level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Analyze moderately complex data. Report results, identify problems, plan projects to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Plan and conduct meetings where construction concepts are translated into possible courses of action.
- Serve as the point of contact for projects with responsibility for construction activities, from original design, system planning, construction, planning/estimating, inspection, maintenance, testing, system integration and operations to ensure compliance with all applicable standards and LLNL ES&H requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate significant construction projects and operations to ensure compliance with technical performance regulatory compliance requirements. Projects and operations may be in multiple nuclear facilities within the Superblock complex.
- Provide frequent interaction with technical, administrative, and administrative personnel within the nuclear facilities and project management organizations, and LLNS maintenance and supplemental labor organizations (e.g., North Winds).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the 369.2 Level
- Provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction and/or oversight in support of LLNL construction projects, planning/estimating/ inspecting.
- Provide highly advanced direction and/or oversight to meeting construction project requirements and/or planning/directing and coordinating the efficient use of manpower, materials, equipment, and time to ensure proper and efficient completion of program work.
- Direct complex construction activities, execute technical lead or supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience with significant related experience in construction and operations of facility systems or utility site infrastructure systems.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical or electrical design and installation standards and practices.
- Significant experience in the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of facility mechanical or electrical equipment and systems.
- Ability to identify, develop and effectively communicate recommendations to engineers regarding facility equipment construction activities.
- Significant experience developing documentation or instructions in support of construction activities.
- Significant experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment which includes scientists, engineers, technicians, and crafts, and advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, reprioritize and change programmatic direction depending on emergent requests.
- Ability to quickly learn facility processes and procedures.
Additional qualifications at the 369.2 Level
- Extensive technical and administrative experience and authority for construction activities and operations.
- Extensive experience directing complex fabrications, assemblies, and procurements, to include construction projects or similar activities.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now