Refine Search Clear All
Business Specialist - National Security Engineering Division - Active Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 08/23/2021
Job Code: A01.1 Business Operations Spec 1
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for a Business Specialist to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be a member of the National Security Engineering Division office administrative team in support of strategic business operations and activities. In addition to being well-organized and methodical, your strong organizational and communications skills will be needed to interact with a variety of people and a multidisciplinary team. This position is in the National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Assess business, operational and/or organizational requirements and deliverables and apply general knowledge of policies, procedures, methods, and practices, propose improvements, and implement approved actions.
- Assist in the development of and capture new and improved business and administrative practices for the division.
- Represent NSED in the administration and coordination of hiring, onboarding, and offboarding scholars, faculty, and supplemental labor. Backup workforce personnel in full time hiring and onboarding activities.
- Coordinate office space details and special projects, within but not limited to hiring and onboarding support activities, and recognition and retention activities.
- Assess, interpret, identify solutions, and ensure resolution of tasks and inquiries using knowledge of the area supported; determine and execute appropriate administrative processes.
- Assist with scheduling interviews, providing information to job applicants, preparing hire packages, verifying security clearances, coordinating internal transfers.
- Serve as a resource through sharing skills and knowledge with others; may provide training and mentoring to others as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S government agency at the time of hire.
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes for the work unit and/or functional area.
- Experience participating in business, operational and/or organizational activities.
- Experience working on organizational projects with the ability to understand customer needs and interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures.
- Understanding of basic principles of personnel administration, policies, and procedures and of human resources compliance requirements.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills necessary to resolve, recommend, and approve appropriate actions to implement solutions.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment; ability to effectively deal with difficult situations and personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Knowledge of computers and associated software including MS Office applications; experience creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with Smart Recruiter, LAPIS, and other LLNL administrative software and platforms.
- Experience working in a classified environment.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.