Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist, Counterintelligence - Active Security Clearance Required
Administrative | livermore, CA | 08/16/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist in the Counterintelligence Program. You will perform a full range of advanced and complex administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, often involving highly sensitive and classified information. This position is in the Counterintelligence Program within the Director’s Office.
In this role you will
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in representing counterintelligence program management on administrative functions when interfacing with all levels of management internally, as well as with outside partners.
- Coordinate counterintelligence program processing of Foreign Visits & Assignments and Foreign Travel and regularly compile associated reports.
- Prepare and/or compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for signature.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for both classified and unclassified correspondence, complex reports, presentations, and database records.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing, and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Serve as a resource and interpret organizational policies and procedures.
- Arrange local and domestic travel.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire. Also, you must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Please note that your current active Q or Top Secret clearance with DOE or another agency does not guarantee DOE SCI access approval; if you are denied access, you may be subject to reinvestigation of your existing Q or Top Secret clearance.
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the program with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL.
- Advanced administrative experience with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience working independently in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience arranging simple to complex local and domestic travel.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, database and encryption software with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now