Refine Search Clear All
Division Leader - I&O Directorate, Operations & Services Division
Business Operations | livermore, CA | 07/21/2021
Job Code: AMC.2 Administrative Manager 2
Organization: Infrastructure and Operations
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Operations and Services Division Leader. You will be responsible for providing leadership, oversight, and management to a large diverse workforce for the safe and effective operation of maintenance and service activities for three groups: Shift Maintenance Operations, Site Services (Custodial/Landscaping), and Material Management. This position is in the Infrastructure Engineering and Operations Department (IEOD) within the Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) Directorate.
In this role you will
- Provide overall leadership, direction, and oversight for a large diverse workforce of craft and service personnel with overall responsibility for setting and meeting the Division’s project delivery schedules and budgets.
- Ensure the effective management and supervision of personnel including overseeing performance management and evaluation of first-line supervisors and all Division staff, disciplinary actions, annual performance evaluations, ranking, career development, mentoring, and recruiting.
- Manage the scope of work to be performed and ensure the technical, Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H), and security aspects of the work are analyzed and controlled, along with ensuring that work activities meet technical, financial, administrative, and ES&H compliance and objectives.
- Develop and document operational strategies, policies, and procedures for the protection of personnel, property, and the environment.
- Establish and implement, through line supervisors, organizational procedures and operational guidelines and objectives for technical work performance.
- Assess, determine, plan, develop and implement workload requirements and technical data for workforce plans including establishing schedules, expectations, and performance standards.
- Direct significant projects with significant span of control and delegated authority in the accomplishment of high-level work objectives.
- Provide analysis of multiple scenarios to provide competitive, responsive, and quality facilities operations and maintenance products and services.
- Manage and oversee budgets for job costs, supplies, and equipment, while implementing programs for new approaches and techniques for cost effective utilization of labor resources and materials. Develop, implement, and monitor service contracts.
- Collaborate and interact regularly with senior management, a diverse workforce, and other functional areas on advanced technical projects and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant supervisory or leadership experience including participating in the development and implementation of performance reviews, performance management, and salary management for a large diverse craft and service workforce.
- Extensive experience with long-range strategic planning, budget management, Work Order Systems, Supply Chain Management process, and work planning and control requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in acquisition planning for contracted technical facilities services at a large institution.
- Significant experience and advanced knowledge in the operations of one or more of the following technical areas: 24/7 Shift Maintenance Operations; Custodial/Landscape Services at a large institution; Supply Chain Management for an institution with a wide range of supply needs.
- Significant experience planning/forecasting short- and long-term personnel needs for a technical craft and service type workforce.
- Ability to ensure that ES&H issues are dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner adhering to all local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations. Ability to foster and promote a safe and healthy work environment
- Extensive organizational and team-building skills necessary to manage a multi-disciplinary workforce, who execute multiple projects at one time, with different levels of complexity that requires coordination from a variety of organizations while maintaining a strong safety culture in the workplace.
- Expert communication, facilitation, collaboration, interpersonal and problem-solving skills necessary to effectively interact with and advise all levels of management including group/division leaders, project engineers, facility managers and scientific personnel to determine type and level of support needed.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.