Refine Search Clear All
Agreements Specialist, Innovation and Partnerships Office (IPO)
Administrative | livermore, CA | 07/15/2021
Job Code: A01.2 Business Operations Spec 2
Organization: Office of the Director
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE L clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: A job-related pre-placement medical examination may be required
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We have an opening for an Agreements Specialist, Innovation and Partnerships Office to work under limited supervision to manage the processing of complex agreements from inception through post execution. This position is in the Innovation and Partnerships Office (IPO) within the Director’s Office.
In this role you will
- Assist in developing, compiling, and editing initial technology transfer agreements and other legal documents while assuring they are complete and consistent with Lawrence Livermore National Security (LLNS), Department of Energy (DOE), and Federal legislative requirements, and that all process requirements are met. Ability to review and suggest revisions to complex agreements to ensure compliance with LLNL obligations.
- Prepare complex Joint Work Statements, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements, Licenses and other partnering agreements, ensuring they conform to DOE Orders, policy, and guidance; Contract 44, LLNS guidance and legal and Federal legislative requirements.
- Analyze agreement terms to ensure document language is consistent and apply knowledge of previously negotiated terms to interpret and determine appropriate use of special conditions and clauses.
- Research and compile information from multiple sources, to determine prior commitments ensuring that intellectual property is available for licensing.
- Direct the flow of all agreements through multiple levels of approval from inception through execution.
- Apply comprehensive knowledge of DOE, LLNS, and Federal legislative requirements to recommend and initiate updates to procedures and boilerplates for partnership agreements.
- Serve as a resource to IPO Business Development Executives, IPO management, Program personnel and industry partners and contacts to gather, compile and disseminate information on various technologies, partnering agreements and mechanisms.
- Compose correspondence for self and Business Development Executives’ signature; coordinate and prepare presentations.
- Maintain databases to ensure critical flow of legal documents from inception to execution and participates in the development of database improvements and quality assurance of data.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE L-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship
- Knowledge of key technology transfer mechanisms, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Licenses and Collaborative Research and Development Agreements.
- Experience in the preparation and processing of complex legal agreements.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions.
- Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, flexibility, ability to prioritize multiple and complex tasks, and ability to work under time constraints to meet short deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to skillfully interact with all levels of internal and external personnel to build effective business relationships and anticipate and develop new approaches to bringing precedent-setting deals to successful execution.
- Excellent grammar, proofreading, and editing skills. Advanced experience in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, under frequently changing priorities.
Qualifications We Desire
- Associate degree and/or professional certification or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in technology transfer mechanisms, including licensing and CRADAs.
- Understanding of intellectual property and contract law.
- Advanced data management skills and knowledge of data systems and relational databases.
- Knowledge and experience in developing complex data analysis including use of Excel spreadsheets, using, and applying Excel’s graphical and analytical tools.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.