Refine Search Clear All
Information Systems Security Manager/Engineer (ISSM/ISSE) - ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Information Technology/Computing | livermore, CA | 07/13/2021
Job Code: SES.3 Science & Engineering MTS 3 / SES.4 Science & Engineering MTS 4
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Active DOE Q clearance (or active Top Secret clearance)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Information Systems Security Manager/Engineer (ISSM/ISSE) to provide complex and dynamic security support to a variety of LLNL, DOE and customer missions. This position is in the Information Technology Operations (ITO) Division supporting the Field Intelligence Element (FIE) within the Computing Directorate.
This position will be filled at either the SES.3 or SES.4 level based on knowledge and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at the higher level.
In this role you will
- Architect and engineer enterprise-wide systems to meet cybersecurity requirements and to ensure mission accomplishment and the protection of sensitive information.
- Lead the preparation, coordination, reviewing, and maintaining of Body of Evidence (BOE) artifacts to include Information System Security Plans (ISSPs), and POA&Ms under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to attain and uphold system accreditation through government sponsors.
- Coordinate cybersecurity requirements for existing and new systems with Department of Energy (DOE) IN-40, Department of Defense (DoD), and other agencies to ensure mission accomplishment and the protection of sensitive information.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the Cyber Security Program, applying Federal security regulations, Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), DOD and LLNL security policies and procedures.
- Manage the work of the FIE ISSO team and day to day FIE cybersecurity operations.
- Assess and mitigate system security threats and risks using a risk-based approach.
- Perform and analyze security audits for nonstandard events to ensure security posture integrity and conduct continuous monitoring activities on assigned information systems.
- Work with sponsors and Contracts and Operations to ensure compliance with contract/subcontract security requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job responsibilities at the SES.4 Level
- Architect and engineer systems in compliance with LLNL, DOE and external customer requirements to meet programmatic needs.
- Represent LLNL’s Field Intelligence Element at external customer sites in as a Cyber Security Engineer.
- Apply Risk Management Framework while assessing probable attack vectors. Supervise System Administrators, techs, ISSOs and other IT and Cyber Security Personnel.
- This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top-Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at the time of hire and must have the ability to obtain and maintain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Information Systems, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Significant experience as an ISSO and/or ISSM to include experience as a cleared DOD contractor working in corporate/government environments overseeing and managing classified systems under NISPOM Chapter 8, DCSA Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 and/or National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53.
- Advanced knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), DOD Manuals, Federal security regulations and company security polices and procedures.
- Significant experience working on Strategic Intelligence Partnership Program (SIPP) projects with non-DOE government sponsors.
- Thorough understanding of the Risk Management Framework and experience authoring and/or maintaining BOE artifacts in support of Assessment and Authorization.
- Experience leading and conducting internal audits, participating in Government assessments and inspections, investigating and mitigating areas of risk or non-compliance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to offer experienced guidance to executive staff, customers, and subcontractors.
Additional Qualifications at the SES.4 Level
- Significant experience working as an ISSO and/or ISSM to include experience as a cleared DOD contractor working in corporate/government environments overseeing and managing classified systems under National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
- Significant experience with obtaining ATOs for IT systems under DOE/DoD/DCSA cognizance.
- Advanced knowledge of and significant experience with DISA STIGs and SCAP Compliance Checker and applying DOE, DoD and IC practices, policies and security requirements in a classified environment.
- COMSEC account management or opening new COMSEC accounts per sponsor requirements.
- DoD Approved 8570 Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level II or III Certification: CAP, CISSP, GSLC, CISM, or CASP+ CE.
- 10+ years of experience as an IT Systems Architect/Engineer and/or Cyber Security Professional.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement). If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.Apply Now