Refine Search Clear All
Administrative Specialist IV - Defense Systems & Infrastructure Protection
Administrative | livermore, CA | 07/12/2021
Job Code: 405.4 Administrative Specialist IV
Organization: Global Security
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Medical Exam: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States’ security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory’s mission.
We are looking for an Administrative Specialist IV professional to support the growing Defense Systems Infrastructure and Protection (DSIP) Program of Global Security’s Energy and Homeland Security (E) Program. The DSIP Program provides innovative solutions that protect and train the warfighter, secure critical infrastructure, enhance aviation security, and monitor long-term exposure to legacy atmospheric testing. In support of this Program, you will collaborate and partner with the Associate Program Leaders and technical staff members within the Autonomous Sensors, Software Assurance and Optimization, and Electronic Warfare program areas. Under limited supervision, you will perform a wide range of advanced and complex administrative assignments, typically coordinating activities with multiple components, in a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced team environment. You will have frequent interactions with high-level personnel both internal and external to the Laboratory.
In this role, you will
- Represent management in administrative matters and serve as a daily resource; respond on their behalf to staff and management both internal and external to the Laboratory to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees. Screen telephone calls and independently answer routine inquiries, make referrals, and follow through on requests.
- Organize and coordinate field deployment logistics, on-site and off-site meetings, and external visits to sponsors, including preparation of agenda, badging, passing and/or verification of security clearances, information dissemination, and following foreign national hosting guidelines.
- Manage visits to LLNL’s Drone Pen facility, including coordinating calendar, events, and access.
- Arrange local, domestic, and foreign travel with dynamic itineraries, including group travel, submitting all travel approvals, booking transportation and lodging arrangements, and submission of expense reports.
- Coordinate, select, and compile complex data from multiple sources for both unclassified and/or classified correspondence, complex reports, and presentations. Assist technical staff members with tracking project budgets and action items.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Advanced secretarial and administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills; advanced knowledge of office procedures, techniques, and methods.
Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through. Experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
Advanced customer service skills and advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the organization with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL, using tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
Problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
Self-motivated and flexible in accepting and learning new assignments while exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive information, as well as personnel interactions.
Advanced computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
Qualifications We Desire
- Understanding and experience with institutional business processes and procedures for hosting in-person and virtual visits including ePay, FTS, LEAP, and Webex.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as ePay, LINCS, and TIME.
- Understanding of classified matter protection and control policies and procedures.
- Experience arranging domestic and/or foreign travel.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2021 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Some positions will require a DOE L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement above). If you are selected and a clearance is required, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q clearance requires U.S. citizenship. For additional information please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.